What alloys will fit my W208?

320CLK

Reaction score
My tyres need replacing and my alloys all need refurbing so i've decided to try and save a few quid buying some second-hand wheels from eBay, and flogging my old ones.

My current alloys are the 17inch AMG ones and would like to know if 18s or 19s from other models would easily fit on and if I would get any fitting problems?

Any help on what Size Wheels/Tyres/Offsets that would fit well would be greatly appreciated! :)

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
My tyres need replacing and my alloys all need refurbing so i've decided to try and save a few quid buying some second-hand wheels from eBay, and flogging my old ones.

My current alloys are the 17inch AMG ones and would like to know if 18s or 19s from other models would easily fit on and if I would get any fitting problems?

Any help on what Size Wheels/Tyres/Offsets that would fit well would be greatly appreciated! :)

I purchased Brabus IV replicas from Ebay and they fitted fine and i am very happy with the ride comfort and road noise etc. I had 16" on mine so it was a bigger size with alot lower profile on tyre.

What kind of Alloys are you looking for? (design)

OP

320CLK

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Ideally i'd like some original Mercedes AMG ones, at least 17inch like i've got at the moment, but the most importnant thing is that they're in good condition with a decent amount of tread left. Just seen theseon eBay but looking at Mike's helpful guide, I guess they're too wide for my CLK W208?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The ride would also be awful on those wheels

drivinggod09

Reaction score
if you have a picture of your wheels i might be interested in buying them off you are they genuine mercedes ones

simon69c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230 Kompressor CLK
Sorry to necro this thread but seemed sensible to ask here than start up a new almost identical thread...

I need a new full set of tyres for my W208 (230K) and currently have the standard fit 16" alloys. Since the alloys are looking a bit dated I was looking on ebay at some wheels+tyres and saw these. They are 17" rather than 16", which should be ok for my car (and they certainly look much nicer), but the offset on the wheels doesn't quite match what is in the fitting chart linked to earlier in the thread - is that likely to be a big problem? The fitting chart says 17x8 should be offset 30, but the ones on ebay are offset 35.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Hello Simon,

This is a set of 2nd hand alloys with worn tyres and already bidded up to £300 with a day to go. I paid £550 for my set of 18" with brand new tyres from ebay. I would pay a little extra and for a brand new package. Also these arent originals and only same style as MB.

Check out these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-MERCEDES-A..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item2ea82a3d36

they are size bigger and brand new with brand new tyres

johno2004

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32 AMG
If you are looking for a new set i have a brand new set of 17" original boxed MB AMG Alloys. They are larger for the rear than front. Complete with new centre caps.
Sizes are:

These are codes from boxes :

B6 6 03 1026 7,5 7 17 ET37

B6 6 03 1027 8,5 7 17 ET34

See Picture.

Looking for 1k

Or if thats above your buget i would be prepared to put those on my car and sell my originals for £500 they have slight kirbing only on 2 of them and perfect other wise.

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

bradalex

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the link it really helped me a lot for buying the new alloy's i really took help of these links and checked up the chart thank you so much

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry to necro this thread but seemed sensible to ask here than start up a new almost identical thread...

I need a new full set of tyres for my W208 (230K) and currently have the standard fit 16" alloys. Since the alloys are looking a bit dated I was looking on ebay at some wheels+tyres and saw these. They are 17" rather than 16", which should be ok for my car (and they certainly look much nicer), but the offset on the wheels doesn't quite match what is in the fitting chart linked to earlier in the thread - is that likely to be a big problem? The fitting chart says 17x8 should be offset 30, but the ones on ebay are offset 35.

This would mean that the wheels would sit 5 mm further in and care has to be taken that the wheels will clear the brake components, looking at the chart there might not be any problem at all

simon69c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230 Kompressor CLK
Thanks for the input all. Think I'll probably stick with my current wheels for now, though I am tempted to look at some winter tyres rather than the normal ones I was otherwise going to go for, and then perhaps get some nicer alloys + wheels once we see the back of the cold weather. Then I can just swap them round as and when, with the winter tyres on the older naff-looking alloys, and summer tyres on some nicer looking 17" alloys.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the input all. Think I'll probably stick with my current wheels for now, though I am tempted to look at some winter tyres rather than the normal ones I was otherwise going to go for, and then perhaps get some nicer alloys + wheels once we see the back of the cold weather. Then I can just swap them round as and when, with the winter tyres on the older naff-looking alloys, and summer tyres on some nicer looking 17" alloys.

Best way to do it i think :D

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom