What can you tell me about E220/S212/60 Plate?

Hydreliox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 S212 / 2010 / 2.1l
Just paid deposit yesterday for my new E220 (S212) 2.1 CDI BlueEfficiency.....not got hold of a manual yet. The vehicle is 60 Plate, 50k miles on the clock. Has the sports package (nice shadow chrome AMG alloys!) on there which I believe also means sports suspension.

So, what can you knowledgeable people tell me about my new motor? Hacks....tips and tricks....hidden menus...resets....etc.

What treats do I have already attached to use? What do I need to watch out for? What should I add on? How can I get the best out of the car?

The only things I am going to do to it so far are replace the hood ornament with a (possibly all black) flat emblem. Also looking at a certain colour of greenish turquoise paint (F1 fans will know the one) to do some minor interior detailing.

Thanks everyone

OP
H

Hydreliox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 S212 / 2010 / 2.1l
It's already had the rear badges removed by the previous owner! Still unsure about remap due to insurance...not sure how much it will hit me.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Most of the time, we find it makes no difference to insurance premiums!

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
It's already had the rear badges removed by the previous owner! Still unsure about remap due to insurance...not sure how much it will hit me.
Just ask them, I'm asking mine.

OP
H

Hydreliox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 S212 / 2010 / 2.1l
Does my car have throttle and transmission resets? Comfort and Sports modes? Anyone point me in the direction of a manual? Only managed to find one for the NA sedans...

How do the long press paddle down and up shifts work in reality?

How do I access the hidden menus (engineers and one other?)…?

Any dash display tips?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Does my car have throttle and transmission resets? Comfort and Sports modes? Anyone point me in the direction of a manual? Only managed to find one for the NA sedans...

How do the long press paddle down and up shifts work in reality?

How do I access the hidden menus (engineers and one other?)…?

Any dash display tips?

Long press will shift to the highest gear possible (Even when in D). Useful for when the box is holding onto shifts for no reason.

down and up give full control in manual, but bumping into the limiter will still cause the box to upshift automatically.

No throttle and trans resets are available by button combinations, only via diagnostic equipment.

3 or 2 modes depending on year. Economy /Sport and M

OP
H

Hydreliox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 S212 / 2010 / 2.1l
Whether I have it or not who knows...but what is 'M' mode?

OP
H

Hydreliox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 S212 / 2010 / 2.1l
Interesting....from what I have just read that was from 2012 onwards and/or was only on AMG specs?

For sure I will have a lot more questions once I have the car....but at least I will have an owner's manual to read cover to cover!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom