what does this mean?

gtz101

Reaction score
when you take out a breakdown cover with say AA, AA put in their terms........

"Introductory discount of 42% is available when purchasing Vehicle Membership (Roadside Assistance) and when paying by recurring annual payment only. The 'Autumn Package Lite' is available from £69 and includes Roadside Assistance and Home Start when purchasing Vehicle Membership and when paying by recurring annual payment method. The 'Autumn Package' is available from £99, which includes Roadside, Home Start and Stay Mobile when purchasing Vehicle Membership and when paying by recurring annual payment method. The discount or offer price may vary when purchasing other levels of Membership or when paying by other means. Price shown applies when purchasing online. It is available for the first 12 months of Membership and thereafter the renewal price will be the standard price (at time of renewal) for the chosen level of Membership."

So in other words you have to commit to another 12 months after the first 12 month introductory offer is passed and pay the standard £99?

Also, RAC put offer is for 12 months with payment on a rolling annual basis.

What does this mean? Again do you have to commit to another 12 months contract after the first 12 months have past?

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
It is available for the first 12 months of Membership and thereafter the renewal price will be the standard price (at time of renewal) for the chosen level of Membership."

Think that seals it ...............you pay a "Disconted rate" for the first 12 months then revert to the "Standard" price at time of renewal

OP
G

gtz101

Reaction score
but u dont have to renew it after 12 months do u ? its not a contractual obligation?

ncooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1984 Mercedes Benz 280 SL,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Manual,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Auto
I don't think it really matters either way,there are so many companies offering equally good cover for a fraction of the price of the AA or RAC that to use them would be unwise.
A quick search of moneysupermarket.com reveals that for exactly the same level of cover,there are 15 companies,priced between £31 and £81.90 before we reach the AA who wade in at £190.50:roll:

Regards,
Nick.

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
We, Me & Marie, are insured with Saga on both the Merc & the Discovery ( Which point to note here SAGA DO NOT "Use" "No Claim Discounts" at all just give you a damn good price for your age (Over 50) you can put 10 car on with SAGA they all equate to 55% NCD

You can have (as with most Insurance companies) "Full AA cover "Built in" the difference between having it or not (& this covers BOTH cars) is £24.00 per year!!!!!!!!!

HONEST go over to "Go Compare" & try it ............which leaves the question "If it's only 24 quid for FULL (home start, relay, breakdown, get you home Ect Ect) how come if you go DIRECT to AA / RAC they charge nearly £200 !!!!!!

Last edited:

dervmerc

Reaction score
I'm with the AA and not impressed.You get a cheap deal when you join and if you let them take the annual fee direct debit or from you credit card you get a discount but every year it's gone up.Only had cause to call twice with my last Merc and they arranged for a "sub-contracted breakdown operator to come.However,like the good cars they are my Merc "fixed" itself, just had to wait ten minutes. My insurers ask every year if I want breakdown cover with Green Flag and next year I will change as they are much cheaper.

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
We, Me & Marie, are insured with Saga on both the Merc & the Discovery ( Which point to note here SAGA DO NOT "Use" "No Claim Discounts" at all just give you a damn good price for your age (Over 50) you can put 10 car on with SAGA they all equate to 55% NCD

You can have (as with most Insurance companies) "Full AA cover "Built in" the difference between having it or not (& this covers BOTH cars) is £24.00 per year!!!!!!!!!

HONEST go over to "Go Compare" & try it ............which leaves the question "If it's only 24 quid for FULL (home start, relay, breakdown, get you home Ect Ect) how come if you go DIRECT to AA / RAC they charge nearly £200 !!!!!!

One stage further with this ..............when I had my MGB Roadster on "Classic" insurance the FULLY COMP price figure I paid for A FULL 12 Months was ............................................WAIT FOR IT........................£53.12 ( That NOT Per month that for the whole year!!!!!!!) & guess what came free with it

YEP 12 months RAC Home start, Get You Home, Roadside assistance, 50 zillion pound personal accident cover ect ect

The God damn Ins was only 50 quid Reason THAT out if you can !!!!! & lets face it it aint a "Ohhh lets connect the laptop & diagnose the fault jobby" The MGB had Points, dwell Angles, Twin Choke Webbers & all them bits to recify a fault on the side of the M55 during a Thunder Storm with a 100 mile an hour wind whistlin up yer jacksey aint an "EASY" thing to do !!!!!!!

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom