What does tyre pressure "inoperative" actually mean

Rya

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class w205
Hi all

As some may know I'm in the market for a used w205. Upon looking at a couple I'm seeing various things in the menu that day "inoperative" stupid question but what does this actually mean? Ie type pressure monitor inoperative, collision prevention assist inoperative?

Have the owners turned this function off if that's possible or does it mean it's not working/broke for some reason?

Thanks

JDPEClassUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate E220d (2019)
Hi all

As some may know I'm in the market for a used w205. Upon looking at a couple I'm seeing various things in the menu that day "inoperative" stupid question but what does this actually mean? Ie type pressure monitor inoperative, collision prevention assist inoperative?

Have the owners turned this function off if that's possible or does it mean it's not working/broke for some reason?

Thanks

I think it usually means that when tyres have been replaced new valves have been put on that do not have TPMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
On mine you have to have been driving for while..... before the pressure shows on the screen...probably waiting for them to get up to temperature

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Inoperative means not working ;)

OP
R

Rya

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class w205
Thanks all. Interesting. That's a couple now I've seen with inoperative systems! I wonder if these systems fail alot or are just to expensive to put right!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
They might just need resetting on the dash and taking for a drive.

OP
R

Rya

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class w205
When you say resetting, do you mean this is possible by the user? Or via MB? Surely if for example the collision assist says inoperative, you think it may be possible to reset back to a working state?

Thanks!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
When you say resetting, do you mean this is possible by the user? Or via MB? Surely if for example the collision assist says inoperative, you think it may be possible to reset back to a working state?

Thanks!
Collision assist tends to go off with a dirty front sensor, clean it and away you go. The tyre pressure can be reset on the dash.

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
scroll down to service on the speedo menu bit...buy the arrow on the steering wheel...select tyre pressures...select reset...Bob's your uncle

OP
R

Rya

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class w205
Thanks for the replies all

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom