What got you into a Mercedes Benz?

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
An Audi A6 and a Tw@t! My sister-in-law's ex husband bought an A6 diesel (while they were still married) and gave me a lift in it. Up to then, my only experience of a diesel was a (non-turbo) Astra Van, so I'd never considered one. Once I'd felt the acceleration in a "proper" diesel, I decided I wanted one, but as he was such a knob, felt I couldn't also buy an Audi, so looked at competitors. The 5 Series was ok, but the interior was too functional, so went for a W210 E320 CDI Estate and loved it - all leather and polished walnut. Been with MB ever since and now on my fourth E-Class estate :)

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
When we moved into our current house in 2007 we were driving to buy a new lawnmower & we had to go past MB Direct in Apsley.
Spur of the moment thing I said to the missus let's go in here and look at the cars.We both took a shine to a nearly new CLK 320CDI Sport & after talking to my MB salesman mate for some info on what I should be paying,bought it.
In 2012 I bought my current car from said salesman.
The CLK was a great car but I had a hankering for a V8 & still have that car.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I remember seeing the passenger door open of a W210 at night as I drove past , the cabin was a sea of black leather with the dash lights all on as well . It just looked like such a solid work of art .
It was a few years later I traded 2 cars in for my just under 2 year old E class

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Product reputation of build quality and reliability. That’s all, in a nutshell, I was retiring from work and I just wanted a car that was going to perform when it was required to perform and wasn’t persistently needing fiddling with, tweaking and repairing. I have never expected much from the vehicles I’ve owned over the Years, other than what I read on the box it came in. I don’t care what they sound like from the outside as I’m never there listening listening to it and I certainly don’t want to hear any of that racket from the inside!
With the benefit of hindsight, I should have joined this forum long before I bought my car and done far more research on the technological advancement in motor vehicles over the time period I’ve been driving company cars as to my horror, I’ve come to fear all emissions mitigating devices and ‘Software Updates’, I’ve learned that when Mercedes Benz talk of ‘Leather’ they aren’t always referring to the kind of leather that we all understand leather to really be, the rattle of a loose timing chain on a cold wet morning, the chuff of a leaky injector and ensuing black death and it goes on. Well I’m glad I’m not a glass half empty sort of chap and tend to evaluate things from a personal experience perspective and as such, have to say the performance of my 2014 W204 has been exemplary, it hasn’t missed a beat in the two Years I’ve been the owner and long may that continue.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I was a serial BMW man (hang my head in shame but I saw the light eventually) but got fed up with the harsh ride on my last 325Ci. I wanted another Coupe but didn’t really fancy anything else on the market. Had a ride in a colleagues CLK and was very impressed but that was about to be replaced at the time. Then I saw an E Coupe, test drove a 350CDI, floored it as I went up the slip road onto the M27 and there was never any doubt after that.

Nearly got tempted by Porsche a couple of years ago (Macan) but, in the end, I found the GLC43 was a much better drive and I got much more goodies for my £££s. I’m glad I stayed with Mercedes.

Oonnzo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 W251 OM642
My first Merc was a w204 c63. After watching a top gear vid comparing the c63, rs4 and m3 I was pretty much sold. I still love the vid!

The comment at 3:14 is the funniest!

The first one I test drove I bought on the spot even though the bucket seats were a bit tight - I convinced myself I would lose weight to fit in them.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
My first Merc was a w204 c63. After watching a top gear vid comparing the c63, rs4 and m3 I was pretty much sold. I still love the vid!

The comment at 3:14 is the funniest!

The first one I test drove I bought on the spot even though the bucket seats were a bit tight - I convinced myself I would lose weight to fit in them.
And did you :D

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
In the past I worked on one or two MB's and thought to myself these cars are very well made. I have had Fords a Fiat Austin 1300 Opel Manta (that was a great car ) Rover, a few Jags, in fact my last car was an S Type 2.7 Diesel which I had for 11 years. I have for some time admired the SL. So A few months ago I started researching the model and in my mind the 350 was the best option for me. So I bought a 2013 SL 350 it's the standard version (less to go wrong) with 32k on the clock and to date I am well pleased with it. I am or was a time served mechanic (Retired) and the 350 appealed to me as the engine looks so easy to work on ie plenty of room in the engine bay for servicing etc. :)

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Well done you

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2009 2.1
My dad had a few MB when I was growing up and he always loved them. I recently lost him and managed to buy a MB of own and I can just picture my dad commenting on how lovely it is.

john campbell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 E250 sport deisel
I bought my first mercedes many years ago but sadly it was stolen. I have been a mechanic for 30yrs now and owned a massive amount of cars in those years and always said when im 50 i would buy another one. 5 years ago i bought my wife a nissan puke brand new and regretted that the moment she drove it off the forcourt. After a year of owning that thing she said to me she didnt like it and told me to go and buy the mercedes i had promised myself for many years. So a shopping trip later i bought a 2012 e250 sport with only 47k from new and one lady owner. I have had the car 3 years now and its just turned 66k in the 3 years i have had the car. Its been mapped and makes good power and i have only ever had 2 problems with the car giving me issues. First was a split boost pipe and second was a faulty exhaust back pressure sensor so in all honnesty its been a great car just to jump in and go anywhere.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Never really gave them a second look until on I was on holiday in the south of France in 1991 and sat in the passenger seat of a W124 E320 Taxi, I remember thinking ..well this is a bit special.

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
One of my memory's is the 30 Ltr diesel Merc taxis we used to get in Tenerife back and two from the airport many years ago. Great sound and lovely and smooth.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom