What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Forgot to mention above that the 612 miles was just one way, I now get the pleasure of driving it 612 miles back :D:p:)

Excellent, can't get more praise than that!!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
A few bits in the pipeline.

A lovely 190e as the main runabout back and forth, nothing to be done on this one, its pretty immaculate, bar a few little hidden rust spots (damn plastic trim covers!):

And a W123 200 that needs full Resto. Interior is lovely, but there are many rust holes. Floor pan and everything underneath is rock solid though. 2 X new wings, 2x new sills and 2 x new rear quarters and a lot of time and effort and it will be a lovely beast!. I will post up a progress thread on it.

I also prepped the C63 today for a day of sprinting around Curborough Sprint Course which should be excellent.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Possibly a bit shorter return journey... Now the maps have been updated? ;)
I didn’t get the maps updated! Just the software. I like driving “off-road” :D

I rarely use the navigation for a route, I know it will always get me there just very unlikely to be the best way...

Whilst 612 miles isn’t direct it’s a route that gets me where I have to be.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Just got mine back after an extended stay at MBS Southampton

I think it probably prefers being there as they treat it nicely :) (I just drive it) :rolleyes:

It was there longer than planned due to failing the MOT for a brake imbalance :( - after some great fault finding and caliper stripping / refit, the front discs and pads were found to be at fault. After new discs and pads (genuine MB) no more imbalance and a fresh MOT :)

Many, many, many, software updates done (thanks @Cole@MBS) to the car and Comand system and whilst I can no longer say that "software is free" :rolleyes: I can say that MBS servicing is excellent and very good value - (even though being a Mod adds at least 20% to the costs) ;):p:D:rolleyes:

My Comand lady now stays quiet (worth the cost just for that) and my iPod doesn't keep interrupting the DAB.

Car feels smoother (it was a B Service with plugs, brake fluid and the expensive filters), it is also a lot quieter on braking :)

and yes I drove 612 miles for a service at MBS :D:p:D:p

Was a pleasure Russ, I didn’t think you noticed the 20% increase due to you being a mod, might have to increase it next year, lovely little car with no rust in the normal places, massive update as I said to you today, 3/4 of an hour just for command!! Sorry to say but your not by any means the furthest away customer we have although not a bad effort!!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Was a pleasure Russ, I didn’t think you noticed the 20% increase due to you being a mod, might have to increase it next year, lovely little car with no rust in the normal places, massive update as I said to you today, 3/4 of an hour just for command!! Sorry to say but your not by any means the furthest away customer we have although not a bad effort!!
You just wish I was further away :rolleyes::p

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
I didn’t get the maps updated! Just the software. I like driving “off-road” :D

I rarely use the navigation for a route, I know it will always get me there just very unlikely to be the best way...

Whilst 612 miles isn’t direct it’s a route that gets me where I have to be.

Aye, I'll quite often bin the suggested route if I "know better".

It is is rumoured, that the Nav software in the UnMerc is due an update where they've incorporated "Driving Roads" as one of your route options, alongside the usual Fast, Short, Eco stuff.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Just dropped the E Class in for a B Service at a ridiculous price but, in reality, it's all I can do as it's now provisionally sold and I can't leave it for the new owner or the price will alter.

Whilst it's in there I've asked them to sort out the parking sensors for all the false positives they're constantly emitting. It's been in for this before but never been fully sorted out.

There's also a mileage discrepancy which has appeared and why the car couldn't be booked in online. For some reason Mercedes have the car down as having done 48,489 miles whereas according to my records and the odometer it's actually done 10,998.

A bit of difference there so they're all blaming each other but have assured me that it will be sorted.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just dropped the E Class in for a B Service at a ridiculous price but, in reality, it's all I can do as it's now provisionally sold and I can't leave it for the new owner or the price will alter.

Whilst it's in there I've asked them to sort out the parking sensors for all the false positives they're constantly emitting. It's been in for this before but never been fully sorted out.

There's also a mileage discrepancy which has appeared and why the car couldn't be booked in online. For some reason Mercedes have the car down as having done 48,489 miles whereas according to my records and the odometer it's actually done 10,998.

A bit of difference there so they're all blaming each other but have assured me that it will be sorted.
Are we getting the lime-cat back as your avatar now the 213 is exiting?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Are we getting the lime-cat back as your avatar now the 213 is exiting?

May do, it's not gone yet though, and the new one will have a similar dashboard so yet another massive decision needs making.

Off to wash Larry the Lexus now as he's taking me over to Wrexham in an hour or so. Meeting a few people then off to Chester for a chilled afternoon of people watching. :)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
May do, it's not gone yet though, and the new one will have a similar dashboard so yet another massive decision needs making.

Off to wash Larry the Lexus now as he's taking me over to Wrexham in an hour or so. Meeting a few people then off to Chester for a chilled afternoon of people watching. :)
Have you mentioned the new beast yet? Or has the new purchase not yet been finalised?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Meeting a few people then off to Chester for a chilled afternoon of people watching. :)
Chester is good for that, last time I was there, there was a "flash mob" of interpretative dancers :rolleyes:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Have you mentioned the new beast yet? Or has the new purchase not yet been finalised?

It's ordered, a large deposit has been paid to confirm the purchase and my E63 is provisionally sold but, until it's ready for collection and with my plate on it, it's not going to get mentioned on a forum as things can still go very wrong as I've seen so many times. Even if the sale of the E63 goes wrong then the supplier of the new one will take it in p/x so everything "should" be OK...

Chester is good for that, last time I was there, there was a "flash mob" of interpretative dancers :rolleyes:

I worked over that way for an embarrassing amount of years, so know it quite well. I used to be there every other weekend but got a bit lazy of late. ;)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
It's ordered, a large deposit has been paid to confirm the purchase and my E63 is provisionally sold but, until it's ready for collection and with my plate on it, it's not going to get mentioned on a forum as things can still go very wrong as I've seen so many times. Even if the sale of the E63 goes wrong then the supplier of the new one will take it in p/x so everything "should" be OK...

I worked over that way for an embarrassing amount of years, so know it quite well. I used to be there every other weekend but got a bit lazy of late. ;)
If all goes well, looking forward to the unveiling. ;)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Mine still has the MB star on them, so I am guessing still OEM from factory??

You can buy them from ECP, half the price of Mercedes, or get Bosch A939S

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
After parking in a different place than normally, and came back to this:

IMG_2643.jpg

So a quick assembly of the cleaning kit and an hour later, this:

IMG_2644.jpg

whatever was eaten was like concrete and stuck fast.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
After parking in a different place than normally, and came back to this:

View attachment 50428

So a quick assembly of the cleaning kit and an hour later, this:

View attachment 50429

whatever was eaten was like concrete and stuck fast.

I had one yesterday where a Seagull managed to poo inside the fuel filler flap !! :eek: That's a first for me and it was a shame it wasn't a last for the Gull. I always carry a bottle of water and some tissues in the boot of the car for these occasions :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom