What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Nick66

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E240 2000
Passed the MOT today. Hooray:D:D

Strange advisory, "Lights won't turn off when engine running". That's the way they are set up!!! Perhaps I should disable the function next time.
As always "Undertrays fitted" An ar@e covering advisory.

I also got Rear springs corroded again. First time I got this was 3 years ago at MB and they looked like someone had brushed against them with some lipstick. Now they are starting to look quite bad. Would you change them now, or get another winters worth of salt on them before fitting new in the spring?
I think that the rust on coil springs is irrelevant,they will not rust through,or significantly weaken because of the rust.When they snap or crack is due to stress damage,usually on the end of the spring.I had a cracked coil spring on 1998 E320,it was just missing the 2 inches at the bottom and the coil spring was not seated properly in the bottom mount so it was slighltly bent vertically,but still functioning.The other 3 springs were all simlarily rusty and most likely 19 years old at that time.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Got confirmation of delivery for the new motor today. :)

Ordered back in May so it's taken a while but there was a lack of production of these cars in July/August apparently due to emission testing amongst other things.

It's due for delivery to the dealer on the 26th of this month so should be with me not long after. The car is a C217 S63 coupé, finished in Anthracite Blue with Designo Saddle Brown upholstery. A good few other bits as well but a few details have been changed/amended due to a change in model year so I'm not 100% sure of the exact specification.

It's not being touched by the dealer apart from the PDI stuff as I didn't want them washing it with a dirty sponge, so I've opted for a trailered delivery from where it can go straight to my detailing person for ceramic coating.

Hopefully on the road for very early October when I'll put a small thread up with a few pictures all being well.

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Fitted some nice 501 Canbus-Compliant LED Bulbs - much better me thinks! :cool:

nDDmvtX.jpg

5mIFuuz.jpg

Tomorrow is "Fettle the Grill" day..... :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
:rolleyes:
Got confirmation of delivery for the new motor today. :)

Ordered back in May so it's taken a while but there was a lack of production of these cars in July/August apparently due to emission testing amongst other things.

It's due for delivery to the dealer on the 26th of this month so should be with me not long after. The car is a C217 S63 coupé, finished in Anthracite Blue with Designo Saddle Brown upholstery. A good few other bits as well but a few details have been changed/amended due to a change in model year so I'm not 100% sure of the exact specification.

It's not being touched by the dealer apart from the PDI stuff as I didn't want them washing it with a dirty sponge, so I've opted for a trailered delivery from where it can go straight to my detailing person for ceramic coating.

Hopefully on the road for very early October when I'll put a small thread up with a few pictures all being well.
Can I have the badges please :rolleyes::D:p

Richie Livo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 350 2006 / GLC220 2018
Cleaned by hand instead of the local hand wash (I know it’s lazy) also fitted white side lights instead of those awful yellow ones to match the xenon!

Attachments

• DDECFF44-B0DF-40E0-8965-981C0956A0E2.jpeg
    DDECFF44-B0DF-40E0-8965-981C0956A0E2.jpeg
    681 KB · Views: 13

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Cleaned by hand instead of the local hand wash (I know it’s lazy) also fitted white side lights instead of those awful yellow ones to match the xenon!

Good to hear that you had decided not to subscribe to the black economy ! :rolleyes:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
MOT day today, will get the servicing advisory on the brakes and tyres independently checked.

Mercedes SL500 R231

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

Sounds horrible :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just make sure they don't put number plates or anything on it, at least you can mount them properly without the 16 holes MB drill in them and without miles on MB advertising on

Last edited:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
MOT day today, will get the servicing advisory on the brakes and tyres independently checked.

Mercedes SL500 R231
Well passed and advisories are front pads (sensors should come on in the next few weeks apparently) and 1x rear tyre for the Winter.

Rear brakes and discs fine (contrary to MBD advice).

Mechanic/owner advised MB parts should be used as most 3rd party variants squeel.

Lovely guy, told him just bought a Fiat 500 for the wife and just discovered rear seat belt missing (he is due to MOT it for me next week), he asked where I bought the car, when I told him he said he knew the owner, called him on the spot and boll*cked him for "ripping off my mate" (true Essex style), I was told to take it back there immediately, now belt has been re-fitted (they pinched it for another customers car).

Can't recommend SMD Autos in Temple Farm Industrial Estate highly enough, good old school customer care!

Mercedes SL500 R231

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not too bad for a V6 3.0 Petrol :D:p:cool:

mpg.jpg

Nice little run out

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
35 mile cruise to a golf course for the 221 , furthest ive been for a while, reminded me why the S-class is so highly regarded :);)

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom