What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I placed one of those moisture absorbing containers in the cargo area of my old Triumph estate 4 days ago, container is dry, inside windows wet with moisture :confused: Last time I buy one of these from the pound shop for 50p :(

Were they having a sale ?? :D

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Managed to drop a load of coins between the centre console and the seat! Now I'm stressed that they'll make their way somewhere to do some damage...
Time for the trusty coat hanger and torch to be back in action :D

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
On a roll after the CT yesterday, so when the piggy back fuse thing arrived in the post, I decided to finally connect up the dash cam which has been waiting power for about ten days. In between showers I thought just open up the front fuse box connect the fuse holder to the wire I'd ran in but the bullet connector was a different size.
Don't really like crimped connectors so I stripped one down to the metal crimped, soldered it and covered it with a bit of heatshrink.
Well pleased with myself off I trotted, connected it up to fuse 47 cigar lighter with a new 2 Amp fuse, got in switched the ignition on, camera comes on and then 10 seconds later turns off, same again a second time. Heavens then opened again so I retreated to organise the forces to attack this new tech another day (maybe even read the instructions again).

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
On a roll after the CT yesterday, so when the piggy back fuse thing arrived in the post, I decided to finally connect up the dash cam which has been waiting power for about ten days. In between showers I thought just open up the front fuse box connect the fuse holder to the wire I'd ran in but the bullet connector was a different size.
Don't really like crimped connectors so I stripped one down to the metal crimped, soldered it and covered it with a bit of heatshrink.
Well pleased with myself off I trotted, connected it up to fuse 47 cigar lighter with a new 2 Amp fuse, got in switched the ignition on, camera comes on and then 10 seconds later turns off, same again a second time. Heavens then opened again so I retreated to organise the forces to attack this new tech another day (maybe even read the instructions again).
Did the camera actually go off or just turn off the screen. My Nextbase has a 20 second delay set before the screen goes blank but the camera is still recording.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
That’s always worth a smug smile all day :)

The only down side of an MOT pass with no advisories is that I was trying to convince my wife about an update to a W205, this has gone against me a little ! :rolleyes::(

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Thanks. You could well be right, obviously someone who has defeated the technology perhaps by reading the instructions.:):):)
Must get the disc out and find out.:rolleyes:

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
I did the same :rolleyes: fell between the seat rail and the carpet, couldn't get them out, then had a brain wave, got one of those flexible rulers, worked a treat, as it bends, shoved the ruler down the top of the rail and shoved the coins out, job
done! :D

Now why didn't I think of that? Goes looking for one of the kids rulers....

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
That's a long time in the bodyshop. Are they wonderfully improved by their long period of captivity? Before and after photos would be interesting.

One was very low priority and we both forgot about it TBH! (dont worry, not a customer car!). The R230 was getting its bumpers blended in. Ill grab some nice pics when it eventually stops raning! Argh

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Not physically done anything as i am currently in espanol but finally found out when my refurbed TCU will be returned, the day after i get back :mad: , im truly annoyed as this was supposed to be a 2 day turn around which was sent for repair 4 days before i went away with the idea it being ready to refit when i returned home , so its taken 11 days assuming it 'does' arrive on tuesday , i am not hopeful :confused:

Top Bottom