What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Eventually got around to checking the ATF yesterday when I had been running around so should get a decent "Hot Measurement", only to find out that it was way over the almost up to the Metal part of the Dipstick!

For those that have seen an ATF Dipstick will know what I'm talking about.......

Anyway, it as getting late so I decided to suck some out totay.

After much faffing around and measuring I found that after taking out about 360ml it was more or less correct. (I have kept what I removed just in case I need to put some back after another check in a couple of days). At least the ATF is nice and pink and clear!

The Transmission had been recently serviced so obviously someone was careless on the "refill".... Idiots!

There was no noticeable abnormalities in the operation in the Transmission to give me pause and make me check - it was fine....???

This just goes to show that it is good practice to check your ATF Level as previously on my S500 I found it to be lacking of nearly 500mls! No wonder it kept on going into "Limp Mode" if I drove it a bit hard! After topping up everything was absolutely fine!

This is what I took out:
MubCuMP.jpg

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Walked out to garage give a shiver opened bonnet to change air filters and fuel filter discovered I had no new clips for the filter pipes, and walked back into the house to the heat. Freezing

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Walked out to garage give a shiver opened bonnet to change air filters and fuel filter discovered I had no new clips for the filter pipes, and walked back into the house to the heat. Freezing
I did re-use the clips first time I changed the fuel filter . Didn’t have any problems .
Next time I did change them though , the clips (clic-r) are two different sizes by the way

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Eventually got around to checking the ATF yesterday when I had been running around so should get a decent "Hot Measurement", only to find out that it was way over the almost up to the Metal part of the Dipstick!

For those that have seen an ATF Dipstick will know what I'm talking about.......

Anyway, it as getting late so I decided to suck some out totay.

After much faffing around and measuring I found that after taking out about 360ml it was more or less correct. (I have kept what I removed just in case I need to put some back after another check in a couple of days). At least the ATF is nice and pink and clear!

The Transmission had been recently serviced so obviously someone was careless on the "refill".... Idiots!

There was no noticeable abnormalities in the operation in the Transmission to give me pause and make me check - it was fine....???

This just goes to show that it is good practice to check your ATF Level as previously on my S500 I found it to be lacking of nearly 500mls! No wonder it kept on going into "Limp Mode" if I drove it a bit hard! After topping up everything was absolutely fine!

This is what I took out:
MubCuMP.jpg
Or does that mean our MB boxes arent as sensitive to level as weve been led to believe??? My LR guy only put 6.5 ltr in the box at service yet the book says 7.2 ltr , been bob on for 5k

W245207

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W245 B180 CDi 2005

You would have at least changed the air filter. Don't let the frontal lobe get the better of you. :D

W245207

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W245 B180 CDi 2005
I did re-use the clips first time I changed the fuel filter . Didn’t have any problems .
Next time I did change them though , the clips (clic-r) are two different sizes by the way

And not cheap either especially the larger of the two.

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Or does that mean our MB boxes arent as sensitive to level as weve been led to believe??? My LR guy only put 6.5 ltr in the box at service yet the book says 7.2 ltr , been bob on for 5k

Hi there.

I actually made a mistake in my Post about this. The S500 was actually near on a litre underfilled, NOT 500ml.

The car and everything was fine just as long as I drove gently, but as soon as I pushed it, (ie used kickdown) half the engine would shut down until I switched off and waited a couple of minutes then it would be ok again until the next time. But as soon as I replaced the missing litre it was 100%! And remained so....
I actually posted about it on here at the time.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Took the old girl down our plumgarths bakery battled with the snow from J37 onwards. And since realised that my C207 isn't a good snow vehicle BUT she got me there safe after a couple squirming moments. IMG_20191215_034211.jpg

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
i married to girl who thinks cars wash /clean themselfs so froze this am cleaning her A class.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Popped to halfords to get a headlight bulb nearly died £44 for a xenon bulb

bulb £44 thats nuts.. then a grand for a headlight is even more nuts .i no longer buy such cars..

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And in return for that you don’t do anything in the kitchen :rolleyes: , same as me :D

i rebuilt the kitchen 3 yr ago ,all new ,as i closed the newly installed fitted dishwasher door i said " its behind this door and i wont be opening it again ! " and i have not ,even when lovelly swans of to the uk to spend a month with kids , i use 1 spoon,1 knife 1 plate,bowl and wash up by hand...

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
i rebuilt the kitchen 3 yr ago ,all new ,as i closed the newly installed fitted dishwasher door i said " its behind this door and i wont be opening it again ! " and i have not ,even when lovelly swans of to the uk to spend a month with kids , i use 1 spoon,1 knife 1 plate,bowl and wash up by hand...
Exactly the same as me then :D

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom