What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Changed the CLK gearbox oil and filter (5g) . Probably took about 3 hours with a bit of tool prep either side . I had bourght a Mann filter and gasket kit for about £12 and some Fuchs ATF 4L for £28 , so a cheap job .
I was about a year early in doing it , about 28k since the last filter change , but lockdown rules apply so more stuff gets done early :D
Used my icarsoft for the 80degree gearbox temp to get the level right a la @Oldspanners .
Quick test drive after and I’ve put the battery on charge using yesterday’s fitted charging fly lead .
Boom !
Your car must be as clean inside the engine and box as outside by now;)
I've been on gardening duties for the last week or more so I'm hoping the parts I've ordered arrive soon to get on to some pre-emptive necessary maintenance done :rolleyes::rolleyes: and leave the garden to grow by itself.:mad:

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Thanks guys , pics will get sorted asap , the ABC had 6k spent on it recently and it performed faultless on my drive home , also plugged in to check codes for all the important stuff

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Thanks guys , pics will get sorted asap , the ABC had 6k spent on it recently and it performed faultless on my drive home , also plugged in to check codes for all the important stuff
Nice car. Was the 6k spend in GBP? For that money the whole system could be replaced.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Its a total of all the repair to the ABC its had , largest one was over 3k fir both rear struts , new pump etc , its had thousands spent on it pal

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Shopping trip for essentials.. 5 supermarkets but 3 had queues so went in to 2 only and 1 semi-supermarket type thingy. They were in different towns but still precious little miles to the norm. Lovely day but too much in the boot to get the separator shut so the roof stayed up....

Still got to polish and wax it and get the wheels off for a good clean.. Oh and the dash tells me there are 14 days to go until its service - typical!

adli slk.jpg

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Its a total of all the repair to the ABC its had , largest one was over 3k fir both rear struts , new pump etc , its had thousands spent on it pal
My SL had a new pump 4 odd years ago (about 5k miles) but I think all the struts, valves and pulsation dampers are original, the cars only covered 54k miles though. I think if I was presented with a big bill for the ABC I would do a coilover conversion instead.

In case you haven't seen this site, it's worth bookmarking....

http://mercedes-abc-drive-carefully.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
SLK booked in next week for service at my local Indy :)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom