What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Took the wife’s 169 to do the weekly shop as it hasn’t moved in a couple of weeks, go to join the duel carriageway and no acceleration, Lots of noise and nothing, backed off a bit and it got some movement but not a great deal. EML is on and I know it’s either going to be a boost pipe or gearbox a little low on fluid, I’m hoping it’s not a boost pipe as they are a pita on the 169 to get at. Oh and my STAR is deciding to not talk to either car at the moment, have a feeling someone that borrowed it a few weeks ago has bent a pin or something so I can’t even check for codes myself at the moment :(
note to self matt , don't lend your kit out pal

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Took it out to put a bit of fuel in it. First time since early March so not before time I suppose.

Managed to squeeze nearly 30 litres in so it was worthwhile and I decided to go the scenic route, just because really.

Also renewed the insurance on it when I got back in as it's due next week. I've spent an age shopping around for this, getting prices from around £1k to 5 figure sums from a few companies who obviously didn't particularly want to insure it. The cheapest quote came in at around £900 but involved having a black box fitted which I don't particularly want as it may not look too good at the odd V-Max or Terminal Velocity event which I have been known to attend.

Ended up paying just over a grand with my original company which is Ageas through A Plan as my broker. Happy enough with that and it's all done now for another year. :)

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Bit of top down shopping followed by a run out to pick strawberries. Too hot for me today. Must get the air con recharged! The driving was top down but top up whilst waiting for the speed limiter to get the shopping...
Sensible man letting the Limiter shop!

Was in Tiptree yesterday, home of the Strawberries but my limiter wanted to choose our next home rather than go picking :-(.

Thought this picture summed up how I felt aptly....
db25edddc365cb939a4ea99c19644054.jpg

Mercedes SL500 R231

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I have just pushed my wife to let me by another car, if I propose this, she may set me on fire :)

Alex, listen and learn........You need to say to her, 'Now dear, this new car is for you for emergencies. Should it be necessary for you to use if your EV is being charged'. :D

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Not all from today but ordered new parts for the 55 suspension....Thank you AMF Automotive....from Grangemouth....oops not allowed to advertise.....
Nice drive to Mansfield in the SLK with roof down all the way, now nicely suntanned and looking good. :cool:
Saw many SLK's and SL's open top driving and not one response to my wave :( However we did get a nice wave from an immaculate Morris Minor convertible :D
Then at the end of the day when to see a good friend of mine and discovered he has a concourse Minor Traveller, had it for over 10 years.......Gosh you learn something everyday :rolleyes:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Not all from today but ordered new parts for the 55 suspension....Thank you AMF Automotive....from Grangemouth....oops not allowed to advertise.....
Nice drive to Mansfield in the SLK with roof down all the way, now nicely suntanned and looking good. :cool:
Saw many SLK's and SL's open top driving and not one response to my wave :( However we did get a nice wave from an immaculate Morris Minor convertible :D
Then at the end of the day when to see a good friend of mine and discovered he has a concourse Minor Traveller, had it for over 10 years.......Gosh you learn something everyday :rolleyes:
Probably not members on here, I got bibbed for not thanking a car who honoured my right of way yesterday, my lane was clear and he had parked vehicles, I usually do wave a thanks when driving slowly around town locally but I was going about my business at around 40mph in unfamiliar territory following the Satnav, can't always wave at everyone like Andy Pandy (now showing my age)!

Mercedes SL500 R231

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Probably not members on here, I got bibbed for not thanking a car who honoured my right of way yesterday, my lane was clear and he had parked vehicles, I usually do wave a thanks when driving slowly around town locally but I was going about my business at around 40mph in unfamiliar territory following the Satnav, can't always wave at everyone like Andy Pandy (now showing my age)!

Mercedes SL500 R231

I always thank a courteous driver with a wave. I do get irritated when the other driver doesn't respect my courtesy, much to my wife's dis-pleasure I do 0ccasionally mouth something to them. :rolleyes::)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I put some air in the tyres the other day as they were down to 2.2, which is the recommended figure for normal load. I find that’s fine for winter but I prefer them higher in summer and the car felt a bit jittery and vague on Monday. I put them all up to 2.5 and it was a transformed car today, much more sure footed and direct.

I also found the car was COVID aware! Having been to the M&S Foodhall, I thought I would use the hands free to open the boot rather than touch the handle or key with potentially contaminated hands. After doing a silly dance with my foot for over 10 seconds I gave up and used some hand gel to disinfect my hands. Then I had one more go with my foot and the boot opened. Obviously the car wasn’t going to let me in while it thought my hands weren't clean!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I put some air in the tyres the other day as they were down to 2.2, which is the recommended figure for normal load. I find that’s fine for winter but I prefer them higher in summer and the car felt a bit jittery and vague on Monday. I put them all up to 2.5 and it was a transformed car today, much more sure footed and direct.

I also found the car was COVID aware! Having been to the M&S Foodhall, I thought I would use the hands free to open the boot rather than touch the handle or key with potentially contaminated hands. After doing a silly dance with my foot for over 10 seconds I gave up and used some hand gel to disinfect my hands. Then I had one more go with my foot and the boot opened. Obviously the car wasn’t going to let me in while it thought my hands weren't clean!
I do the silly dance with the ovlov sometimes then have a word with myself...

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
SL is back. New AC condenser/dryer and parking brake pedal assembly so now that the weather is about to break I have AC. The parking brake has never worked so well, no more sticking and lifting the pedal with my foot.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Talking of boot release, on the S204 I have a tailgate release button in the drivers door, which means when we get home with shopping I can open the tailgate before getting out of the car, which I find very useful. I keep looking for the same switch on the SLK - guess what, it doesn't have one, I have to walk to the back of the car and manually open the boot lid! Both cars have a tailgate/boot release button on the key, the 204 key actually opens and lifts the tailgate but the SLK key just unlocks the boot without opening/lifting the boot lid.

Havingn said that, took the SLK for another top down country drive today, lovely, starting to get a bit more enthusiastic with the loud pedal as I get more used to the car, hence enjoying the car more each time and starting to get close to the passenger seat speed limiter kicking in (she's already been trying the passenger footwell brake pedal!!):D:D:D

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Talking of boot release, on the S204 I have a tailgate release button in the drivers door, which means when we get home with shopping I can open the tailgate before getting out of the car, which I find very useful. I keep looking for the same switch on the SLK - guess what, it doesn't have one, I have to walk to the back of the car and manually open the boot lid! Both cars have a tailgate/boot release button on the key, the 204 key actually opens and lifts the tailgate but the SLK key just unlocks the boot without opening/lifting the boot lid.

Havingn said that, took the SLK for another top down country drive today, lovely, starting to get a bit more enthusiastic with the loud pedal as I get more used to the car, hence enjoying the car more each time and starting to get close to the passenger seat speed limiter kicking in (she's already been trying the passenger footwell brake pedal!!):D:D:D

Oh, what a pain :D

Last edited:

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom