Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
How you find the running now Russ after the software update???
No change unfortunately, still the slight hunting at idle, drove much nicer though with the suspension fixed :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Indeed very smart Wighty. I'm not that precious about my vehicles just decent looking and tidy but as this Viano doesn't need any paintwork repairs or touch up wondered about having it power mopped and some sort of sealing polish?
Might as well buy that stuff yourself and do it , a man of your experience . You have it all for the next vehicle then

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
>>> buy that stuff yourself and do it , a man of your experience

Ha ha well it's a thought but with a lifetime of experience comes a lifetime of age and I've just turned 65 so there are jobs I'll do and those I'm happy to avoid. Anyway then the Mrs would want her CLK doing and the guy next door might ask... and so it goes on.

My what will I be doing today is having the aircon regassed his afternoon... it works to a degree but not ice cold and struggled to cool down that large interior yesterday so the fans blew noisily constantly as it tried to meet 19deg it was set to.

Last edited:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Did a minor clean before it goes to the dealer this morning for MOT and B5 service.
Im under the delusion that taking a clean car in means they'll take more care of it! :rolleyes::confused:
I always do that too, but mainly for the reason that any damage is easier to spot on a clean car.
Dealer servicing is always a slightly nervous time for me. :(
Hope all goes well for you. :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I always do that too, but mainly for the reason that any damage is easier to spot on a clean car.
Dealer servicing is always a slightly nervous time for me. :(
Hope all goes well for you. :)

I certainly ask them not to clean it although they did do the interior last week when I had it serviced :rolleyes: :shock:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I certainly ask them not to clean it although they did do the interior last week when I had it serviced :rolleyes: :shock:
Yep that goes without saying...but I make sure i say DO NOT WASH IT!
There would be absolutely nothing for them to clean in my interior anyway. :geek:

I remember once my dad took his spotlessly clean and dry car in for a service and told them not to wash it, then when he got it back it they had run a hose over it and it was still soaking wet. :mad:

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
>>>once my dad took his spotlessly clean and dry car in for a service and told them not to wash it

Similar here with the last dealer service I had... and that was 10yrs ago.

Car went in clean and on collection I had to wait 15mins for "the valet to be completed sir". Was driven round the front wet and streaky and worse of all the valet guy who was much shorter than me had changed the seat posn for height and rake plus pulled it up to the steering wheel. On starting I found he'd put the radio into manual tuning mode on a different station. Fool.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Car went in clean and on collection I had to wait 15mins for "the valet to be completed sir". Was driven round the front wet and streaky and worse of all the valet guy who was much shorter than me had changed the seat posn for height and rake plus pulled it up to the steering wheel. On starting I found he'd put the radio into manual tuning mode on a different station. Fool.
I would have been furious! :mad:

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Got a Wind Deflector for the A209, from Germany.
Perfect condition.
£130 :cool: very happy........

Attachments

• 64F56383-E30C-40D2-91B0-C90247BB64F7.jpeg
    64F56383-E30C-40D2-91B0-C90247BB64F7.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 12

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Got a Wind Deflector for the A209, from Germany.
Perfect condition.
£130 :cool: very happy........

Eeeek, give it a month and you will receive import duty and vat, :shock:.
That's what happened to me :(

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Eeeek, give it a month and you will receive import duty and vat, :shock:.
That's what happened to me :(

I bought a Ralph Lauren Gilet rom the US and the customs held it back until I paid the the import duty. As it turned out it wasn't much cheaper than if I had bought it in the UK :rolleyes:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I bought a Ralph Lauren Gilet rom the US and the customs held it back until I paid the the import duty. As it turned out it wasn't much cheaper than if I had bought it in the UK :rolleyes:
Same happened to me with a Mont Blanc pen from Singapore, used Air Miles but by the time duty, carriage and tax added not much saving!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
The Money Pit is now sorned and MoTless :(
I also discovered why the left door mirror indicator stopped working when I went for the MoT. Someone had hit it in their vehicle and smashed the lens and broke the retaining mount off :mad:
So that's now a Transmission, torque convertor, headlights, third row RH rear seatbelt and LH door mirror needed before it goes back on the road and that's not to mention the 2 new airbag springs, new turbo activator, new water pump, new turbo, LH rear seatbelt, new radiator hoses top and bottom within the first 3000mls of ownership...................any takers....No.....Okay, I'll just have to pick up the formentioned parts in a couple of weeks and sort her out...Bless her :rolleyes:

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Booked in to Welwyn Merx for a gearbox service that's now due.
I had a B service and MOT at the dealer yesterday. I get a continuation of Mobilo, free vehicle health check, fluid top ups and a wash if I want it every 3 months, and cover for anything up to £500 if it fails the next MOT!

https://mercedes.citnow.com/vxJ58cqrGNl

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
BTW, am I missing any covers underneath or do they take them off to do the checks?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
The Money Pit is now sorned and MoTless :(
I also discovered why the left door mirror indicator stopped working when I went for the MoT. Someone had hit it in their vehicle and smashed the lens and broke the retaining mount off :mad:
So that's now a Transmission, torque convertor, headlights, third row RH rear seatbelt and LH door mirror needed before it goes back on the road and that's not to mention the 2 new airbag springs, new turbo activator, new water pump, new turbo, LH rear seatbelt, new radiator hoses top and bottom within the first 3000mls of ownership...................any takers....No.....Okay, I'll just have to pick up the formentioned parts in a couple of weeks and sort her out...Bless her :rolleyes:
Blimey, the list of things an SLK needs are endless! ;)

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One essential job, one small but satisfying and one ongoing plus a new battery.

Aircon re-gassed on the new to me Viano last night. It seemed to work on a cooler day but once we hit 25deg it obviously wasn't as the fans ran flat out trying to get down to the set 19deg and failing. Took it to a proper aircon guy who checked the system carefully inc the front-rear pipes of the rear passenger unit. It only had 350g of the 840g content shown on the spec. Thankfully no leaks and now lovely and cold.

A stupid thing that really annoyed... the hard plastic trim "door" on the drivers seat base which gives access to the second battery had a few mm of play and when my foot brushed past as I got in or out gave off a cheap sounding clack. Now the placement of some small felt pads made for furniture on laminate floors and it's silent.

Also just jacking it up to start on a fiddly job I've done before on other cars. The more I got used to the vehicle the more a sort of rustling sound came to my notice that sounded like a crisp leaf trapped just behind the drivers facia vent. But as the miles went on realised it related to going round gentle bends. Then when on the aircon guy's ramp saw the problem. At some time the plastic section at the front of the wheelarch where it joins to the section under the bumper has been knocked on a kerb and partially detached such that it rubs and slightly catches the front tyre at certain steering angles.

Re-attaching it and pop riveting a section of black bucket over the worn through part will make a neat repair.

The new Varta AGM battery arrived today so I fitted it to the main position... that relegated the OKish existing main one to replace the dead Aux one under the driver's seat. I still haven't a clue what the Aux one feeds/fed as all its wiring is OE and disappears away under carpets and behind trim.

Last edited:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom