What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I can imagine a couple of expletives popped out at the same time yesterday
More from the FPO than me, “you in your temper breaking the car” etc.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
About a month or so ago I had a damp patch on my drive just in front of the front offside wheel. My first thought was a leaking ABC strut but the patch was too far forward so I decided to just keep a lookout any further patches. The car has been in the garage until today and no damp patch so we went for a top down drive. Got back home, parked on the drive and a damp patch formed just in front of the front offside wheel again. I lifted the bonnet and spotted ABC fluid leaking out of the ABC dipstick location on the reservoir, looks like I have too much ABC fluid and it has been leaking out of the vent hole in the dipstick! Parked the car on the level and with engine off the ABC fluid level is at the top of the dipstick hole! I think I need to syphon some out.
Usually happens when an accumulator has failed.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I pulled out the C208 from storage and drove home from work with the roof down, drives very well considering it's been sat for a year..........................

Will wash it tomorrow and pic some pics up :)

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Usually happens when an accumulator has failed.
I have no ride height issues or error messages, the car sits level even when not used for a month or more. Are there any other indications of accumulator failure?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have no ride height issues or error messages, the car sits level even when not used for a month or more. Are there any other indications of accumulator failure?
Sorry for the confusion, dropping etc is not a symptom of accumulator failure.

When they fail they release their nitrogen into the ABC system, then the level rises artificially and blows out of the reservoir.

When they get really bad, you will get a brief Red ABC Warning on the dash when hitting bumps and undulations in the road.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Sorry for the confusion, dropping etc is not a symptom of accumulator failure.

When they fail they release their nitrogen into the ABC system, then the level rises artificially and blows out of the reservoir.

When they get really bad, you will get a brief Red ABC Warning on the dash when hitting bumps and undulations in the road.
Thanks, I dont get any warnings at the moment but I will monitor closely. My indy thinks it is just excess fluid so I will syphon some out to the correct level and keep an eye on things, hopefully it is just over filled.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks, I dont get any warnings at the moment but I will monitor closely. My indy thinks it is just excess fluid so I will syphon some out to the correct level and keep an eye on things, hopefully it is just over filled.
Did they top it up? If so, thats your answer!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I pulled out the C208 from storage and drove home from work with the roof down, drives very well considering it's been sat for a year..........................

Will wash it tomorrow and pic some pics up :)

Pictures are good :)

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
This is the second time my Indy has overfilled something, last time it was the brake reservoir.

I have heard of this happening quite often with trans fluid which may be more often due to the fact the level can change based on temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Fitted a new brake vacuum sensor to the E class just now.

38 euro for the part and about 15 minutes to fit.

I get such a buzz out of encountering a fault, diagnosing and fixing myself.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Syphoned out some of the fluid, checked the levels laden and unladen, raised and lowered the suspension a few times, rechecked levels and so far all good.
Its engine running/engine off btw.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
2 bottles of wynn's gold petrol treatment, a top up of v-power and a drive out to WInnats pass.

View attachment 69554
View attachment 69555 View attachment 69556 View attachment 69557 View attachment 69558
lovely views. Have you thought about adding a filter to the dashcam, like one of these......

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom