What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Misterdog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 (W169) 2010
That's the digital answer, the analogue answer as we all know is 42. :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
That's the binary answer, the decimal answer as we all know is 42. :)
Fixed it for you...;)

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't... :rolleyes:

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I can't stop greed from niggling away about getting more for my car than I paid for it!
I try to turn it off but it keeps cropping up.
Id get nothing comparable to it. It's got so many safety features that I feel very comfortable in it, the performance is superb and I'm very proud of it.
The only way to improve on it is the S class so why do I even contemplate selling it in the buoyant times? :rolleyes:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I can't stop greed from niggling away about getting more for my car than I paid for it!
I try to turn it off but it keeps cropping up.
Id get nothing comparable to it. It's got so many safety features that I feel very comfortable in it, the performance is superb and I'm very proud of it.
The only way to improve on it is the S class so why do I even contemplate selling it in the buoyant times? :rolleyes:

Every car has gone up so you are realistically no better off

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Every car has gone up so you are realistically no better off
Except if you can buy brand new, then you are quids in!
I got a quote last night for my car and it is £3400 more than I paid for it brand new 15 months ago.
Only problem is I can't get a new car. :(

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
Its a vicious cycle indeed.... I was looking at a new car pre-Brexit and there were huge discounts to be had.... Post-Brexit, I cannot order it as it is discontinued and the used ones coming onto the market cost more than the discounted rates that were being offered. So I am now in a position where I need to buy a used car (most likely being used as a demo but being re-branded as private owner) for more than what is was only 9 months ago...o_O

I am trying not to think about it too much...

Misterdog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 (W169) 2010
I suspected Brexit was the culprit, same with the wholesale price of gas and shortage of C02 causing a shortage of food.

Covid was probably caused by Brexit if we work the spin.

If only we still made Austin Allegro's in this country, then there would be no shortage of new motor vehicles. :geek:

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
Just want to clarify, my use of pre-post Brexit is just a time stamp for me... perils of my job... I should say 2020/2021....

On another note.... Regulatory changes due to Brexit hit some industries in 2021, being knee deep in the stuff, I have forgotten time as it should be recorded....:geek:

On another another note, I remember my dad had an Allegro and it was riddled with rust... so I am sure he would be first in the queue... he is looking for a new car at the moment :)

Misterdog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 (W169) 2010
Whipped out the screen washer bottle from the old girl as the washer jets were a little limp, my god there was some lumps of goodness knows what in there, I almost expected to find some fish. The filter in the bottom of the pump outlet was clagged up.

1632166255036.jpg

Cleaned her out, fitted all seals and o rings with plumbers silicone grease ( MB part No. unknown) now working fine.

Last edited:

Misterdog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 (W169) 2010
On another another note, I remember my dad had an Allegro and it was riddled with rust... so I am sure he would be first in the queue... he is looking for a new car at the moment :)

Unless he desperately needs one tell him to wait until the new normal returns to the old normal - hopefully.

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
I suspected Brexit was the culprit, same with the wholesale price of gas and shortage of C02 causing a shortage of food.

Covid was probably caused by Brexit if we work the spin.

If only we still made Austin Allegro's in this country, then there would be no shortage of new motor vehicles. :geek:
Ahh the Austin Allagro!! The bastian of high quality motoring , probably all made on a friday afternoon after getting back from the pub! Ha! And i nearly was going to get one of these as it was traded in at dealer i worked at....still ,seemed like a good idea at the time.

Last edited:

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Bring the coal powered stations back online, capture the CO2 and bottle it; job done :geek::shock:;):)

Or think broader, build nuclear to base load then not reliant on imported gas.

Misterdog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 (W169) 2010
Bring the coal powered stations back online, capture the CO2 and bottle it; job done :geek::shock:;):)

They have read your mind.

Not enough wind this year, Still it's all saving the planet.

If driving around with 20Kg of stop start 'technology' is really saving the planet then I might put a 20Kg sack of cement in the boot to help save it even more o_O

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Took it for a most enjoyable drive up Mont Ventoux (1910 metres) this afternoon. There were few cyclists around this year and, for much of the way, I followed a BMW X3 M40i which is matched pretty well with mine for performance and power from it's straight 6. He was being sensible on the corners but flooring it on the straights. Initially, he wasn’t hurrying but, as I started to keep up with him out of the bends, he tried harder - and so did I so he never got away from me. I think this is the first time I have ever had the pedal to the floor so much and the first time I have ever used Sport+. To add to the enjoyment, Katie was encouraging me and squealing with delight each time the M and AMG roared up yet another hill. I didn’t get a lot of chance to look at the speedo but I think it was probably a good job there were no Gendarmes about. I also really liked the way the car blipped the throttle on the down-changes in Sport+.

Probably my most enjoyable drive ever. The car felt perfectly planted and secure and sounded wonderful. Now, I wonder what we’re doing tomorrow afternoon….
7F2A1BD7-39A3-4AD0-B99E-AB24D1802BB8.jpeg

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom