What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Spoke to a dealer friend, that is exactly the problem. Lack of new cars has made supply short for second hand ones so the prices have gone up.

I will be waiting until Jan / Feb them, look again.

Don't panic it will have a MB Star on the front
Thats what we like to hear!! ....nothing else will do

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Yet another Costa run... this time to sunny Welshpool for a change...tried to avoid the motorway wherever possible and lots of A and B roads... very scenic.. :cool:

View attachment 72035
Should have gone to the old station instead of a chain, they might have arabica beans instead…;)

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
A full week of driving to work in the 221…
I miss driving the beast, il be glad to get back home, recuperate and get back behind the wheel on a daily basis to work, doing my head in all this not able to do much routine!...AAARRRGGHHH!!!!

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
A while back I took the passenger side rear spring out to clean and paint and get rid of a squeak. This succeeded but a new noise manifested itself in a plastic like rattle over some uneven surfaces. Lots of crawling around ensued looking at heat shields, wheel arch liners, under body protection, plastic protectors for suspension etc, etc, but it was still there and more annoying with each failed attempt at fixing.
A period of reflection then was called for and I went back through what I had done, taking the lower arm bolt off required dropping the exhaust to get enough room to pull it out towards the back. To avoid having to do this at some time again I put it in from the front with the nut at the back. It's a simple nut and bolt.:confused:
Well I pulled it all apart again a few weeks ago put it back the "right" way and ... NO RATTLE:)
:):) not in two weeks and a thousand KMS.
Yes, I know even now it's just having a rest and knows it will have its revenge mid winter:(

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Should have gone to the old station instead of a chain, they might have arabica beans instead…;)
I had their premium 100% arabica americano as it was one of my many freebies through the coffee club app.

I only went to Welshpool because someone told me there were some leggy Welsh birds there... :rolleyes::cool:

welshpool birds.jpg

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Today I was to fit the new disc's and pads on the SLK, started off well got both front wheels off in record time, impact guns are great, (especially on locking wheel nuts :shock:) It wasn't until I removed the disc and opened the new one only to discover it was a drilled disc, oh cool, hang on this disc is a lot heavier than the one I just removed o_O Yep, wrong disc.
20211023_111934.jpg
I then thought I'd better check the rears, luckily these were the right items :cool:
20211023_141124.jpg
20211023_141135.jpg
It was very descent of my Indy to say that if I'm replacing the rear pads I'd need to set the car into service mode to release the pistons as yours has an electric hand brake. I could have spent hours trying to push the pistons in :eek:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Today I was to fit the new disc's and pads on the SLK, started off well got both front wheels off in record time, impact guns are great, (especially on locking wheel nuts :shock:) It wasn't until I removed the disc and opened the new one only to discover it was a drilled disc, oh cool, hang on this disc is a lot heavier than the one I just removed o_O Yep, wrong disc.
View attachment 72047
I then thought I'd better check the rears, luckily these were the right items :cool:
View attachment 72048
View attachment 72049
It was very descent of my Indy to say that if I'm replacing the rear pads I'd need to set the car into service mode to release the pistons as yours has an electric hand brake. I could have spent hours trying to push the pistons in :eek:
Get some new wheel centres from fleabay whilst you’re at it…;)

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Today I investigated a ticking from the front left wheel at low speed and explored some of the annoying rattles from the load space and suspension/exhaust on my old E320 CDI estate. The exhaust will need to come off at some stage to repair the rotting mounts and I found a loose heatshield easily fixed back in place with a VW Golf undertray clip. I also found a rubber on the rear bumper rattling which now has a strip of foam wedged in and the ticking seems to be a rusty disc.
I also read the manual to see what all the heater controls do!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Get some new wheel centres from fleabay whilst you’re at it…;)

New wheel centres??? What's wrong with my old ones, they look alright to........well kind of alright........okay you win Blobcat :rolleyes:
But we need new mats first....:D

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
New wheel centres??? What's wrong with my old ones, they look alright to........well kind of alright........okay you win Blobcat :rolleyes:
But we need new mats first....:D
Ah, you'll need them to kneel on when you're putting the centers in. ;) Nothing like a bit of comfort :D

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah, you'll need them to kneel on when you're putting the centers in. ;) Nothing like a bit of comfort :D
They look water damaged…:shock:

Oldspanners I have plenty of kneeling comfort aids and some really thick ones too :eek:

Water damaged :shock: What ever gives you this idea Blobcat.......:p

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oldspanners I have plenty of kneeling comfort aids and some really thick ones too :eek:

Water damaged :shock: What ever gives you this idea Blobcat.......:p
You have history…:eek:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom