What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
What's a Pilot bush ? and where is it ? I've seen bush pilots and pilots bushes, but need to know where to look for leaks under the car.`

Its a small plastic plug that goes into the side of the gearbox (on the older 5 speeds 722.6's). They contain 2 O-rings and seal the electrical connection from the box so that they do not leak. Quite common, but they usually leak into the loom rather than externally.

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag F-Pace, BMW Z4
Its a small plastic plug that goes into the side of the gearbox (on the older 5 speeds 722.6's). They contain 2 O-rings and seal the electrical connection from the box so that they do not leak. Quite common, but they usually leak into the loom rather than externally.
Alex Thanks for the explanation :)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Washed the sahara dust that had collected on the car after the last shower.
This is what you can expect if you buy a black or dark coloured car.
That is without cleaning off the incessant bird crap deposited on the car every day.

20220619_083731[1].jpg 20220619_083747[1].jpg

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
I resorted to buying an old nokia for the SL - so much better than the Viseeo MB4 thing I'd messed around with for years. Pre-pay sim for £5 then just divert my main phone to the prepay sim when I'm in the car simples. I've only spent about 12p keeping the sim active every six months, too tight to call anyone from it.
Great idea. :)

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
That is without cleaning off the incessant bird crap deposited on the car every day.

View attachment 77720 View attachment 77721
Mine is looking very much the same at the moment, minus the bird cack.

This evening's showers have done nothing to alleviate the condition! :(

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Mine is looking very much the same at the moment, minus the bird cack.

This evening's showers have done nothing to alleviate the condition! :(
Didn't get a drip out here. I fully expected it after cleaning the Seagull poo of the car on Wednesday :rolleyes:

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock

We have a neighbour that continually feeds the birds , ****** pigeons everywhere. It is that bad that we can no longer sit comfortably outside never mind sit at the table and attempt to eat anything , any noise and flock take off and it is time to cover the food so we just gave up trying.

If its not the birds it her feckin dog that she forgets she has let out the back and it barks continually until we phone her and she lets it back in , at least it doesn`t crap on the cars.

I ended up buying a car cover as cleaning the bird poo from car daily was becoming tiresome.

Morning rant over.

K

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
What's a Pilot bush ? and where is it ? I've seen bush pilots and pilots bushes, but need to know where to look for leaks under the car.

Something to do with BA staff at Heathrow striking smh…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

View attachment 77720 View attachment 77721

I was wondering if this was a new thing, I never seemed to get this issue with my dark green (tourmallard green) car, but since the winter torrential rains stopped, having my first black car, seems like it is constantly covered in dust :/

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB Grangemouth gave me a great price on my brake service items, just a shame my delivery of 2 items was only 1 of 2. Missus took the delivery so didn’t know to ask, but seriously, what is it with delivery companies, is the job that hard? Thanks Fed(up)Ex.
MB Grangemouth (saints! :) ) are sorting this out for me as “only the account holder” can raise delivery issue. Thanks again F%*!Ex.
Just as well I am not in a major rush for the parts now as I will be otherwise occupied this weekend with my new friend ‘rona. Probably best not to try any mechanical tasks with the actualised version of man-flu.

So FedEx re-delivered the (AWOL) 2 of 2 package, so my discs have arrived (Woop), with a sob story about not having a dolly on the truck yesterday…likely story, could have mentioned it yesterday? Sure wife would have called me down from bed and I could have walked to the truck and carried it back myself. Meh.

Ordered some Bahco 3T axle stands (Halfords) for the job, and some rubber Jack pads for it and the trolley Jack from Hamazon.

2aa399bccedea5495044fadb9ca99351.jpg

2280b74e688e510c654905d980e3ece2.jpg

479d7895d8f3860d59a06b304e53834a.jpg

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Wednesday AM ?

Top Bottom