What info does MB computer tell you when plugged into your car

OP
S

Shanusacarabus

Reaction score
Thought it would give you a rough idea what to look for, somewhere between the air filter and the inlet.

I cleaned mine with carb cleaner, make sure you don't touch the thin wire with your hands.

Alan

On mine the air filter is at the front ( Long/thin ).... then goes into a big lump of metal... im guessing thats it but im not sure

OP
S

Shanusacarabus

Reaction score
Cheers Malcolm, yeah its what i thought it was.... not quite as accessable as the one in the cleaning guide

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
Hi all newbie here.registered after buying other half a 300d. Aside from reading any fault codes most cars nowadays have software to spy on your driving habits,a bit like a tacho in a lorry and in the event of an accident the police can interrogate the ecu as to speed/time data.Newer models with inbuilt sat nav are linked into ecu.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Hi all newbie here.registered after buying other half a 300d. Aside from reading any fault codes most cars nowadays have software to spy on your driving habits,a bit like a tacho in a lorry and in the event of an accident the police can interrogate the ecu as to speed/time data.Newer models with inbuilt sat nav are linked into ecu.

Well, STAR certainly doesnt show me any of that info on my car, and I cant see where it would display the options for this data on newer cars either

OP
S

Shanusacarabus

Reaction score
Just looking on E-bay and you can buy serial obd cables and software to turn your laptop into a diagnostic tool..... has anyone used anything like this???

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It will be very limited info, mostly just engine info, and possibly reset the MIL

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
the software solution makes some pretty big claims, "chip tuning" etc if I was you I would stick to a standalone ODB II Scanner

ebay

ebay

ebay

OP
S

Shanusacarabus

Reaction score
Cheers for that.... the more i read into this the more frightening it is.... somebody actually asked if you can alter a vehicles milage with this and the seller replied yes..... makes u wonder when u buy these cars what has been altered

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I doubt they can, not with something as simple as that at least

OP
S

Shanusacarabus

Reaction score
Straight up.... if you click on the bottom ebay link u gave me a person actually asks the seller if it can change milage

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997

Hi,
This is,nt possible unless the option of a Data book is fitted to the car, which is still listed in the accessory catalogue, and as you say it will allow someone to interogate the way the car has been driven, speed, rpm at each gear change, fuel consumption etc.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom