What little things on your Merc make you smile?

OP
s5tuart

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Driving a hire car until I get my new Merc, I don't half miss my "seatbelt butlers"!
It's funny isn't it, that when you drive something else, you miss all the things you either take for granted or never knew you had :geek:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
It's funny isn't it, that when you drive something else, you miss all the things you either take for granted or never knew you had :geek:
This is very true.
When I had my S3 I took the quattro system completely for granted and never gave it a second thought, but when I got my CLA it became immediately obvious where all wheel drive had previously been helping without me even being aware of it.
The best of both worlds would be my CLA with 4matic which is what I originally wanted, but it would have cost me around an extra £8k (or £20k for ultimate top model :shock: ) so I decided to do without it. :D

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
When you cheekily ask a dealer the cost of reparing a minor thing

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
When you cheekily ask a dealer the cost of reparing a minor thing
The last time I asked a dealer for a quote on a job they wanted to charge me over £100 for diagnostics .... I didn't need to give them £100+ to tell me what I already knew.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
back to thread - the three pointed star gunsight
Havn't had one of those on my last two MB's but I do rather like the image :)

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
I really like that on a hot day if you press the limguatronic button, it cuts the fan down to minimum so it can hear you, then turns it up againwhen you#ve spoken.

OP
s5tuart

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I really like that on a hot day if you press the limguatronic button, it cuts the fan down to minimum so it can hear you, then turns it up againwhen you#ve spoken.
Mine does the same when occasionally using stop/start. When the engine stops the fan just gently wafts the air through until the engine starts again.

Rob7seven

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 AMG C300
The back seat in my C300 rarely gets used, but once when vacuuming the car, I sat in the back and looked at the armrest, it's fascinating watching the way the gently unfolding built in cupholders work.

As you can see, as a now retired design engineer, it doesn't take very much to interest and amuse me...

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
So do the car thieves :eek:
Iv'e said this before on other forums, It's taken the automotive industry decades to discourage/stop car thieves from nicking motors. And now they've come up with key less entry. The term Full Circle springs to mind.:mad:

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
I don't know if I've suddenly become ultra aware of things but I seem to be noticing more and more things that are not really advertised, but make life so comfortable.

like; the way the whole car never seems to have hot or cold spots inside, it always just right.
Or how the starter keeps spinning until the engine starts without having to hold the button in (or keep twisting the key)
Or how the brake discs get wiped when you use the screen washer
Or how, when using Stop/Start, the engine fires immediately (how do they do that?)
Or the sunroof shuts if it starts to rain.
Or how the Airmatic seems to stiffen up if you suddenly decide to Chuck the car round a few bends.

I love my Mercedes!
I often thought that when I first bought my car, an ECO re-start doesn't sound a bit like an ign start either. I suspected capacitors were introduced somewhere in the mix as the resting voltages when measured on the Aux battery in the boot were always elevated at around 13.1-13.5v but that theory was rejected after a discussion with @Uncle Benz one day and then I found this article on my internet meanderings, which I found explained the reason why in detail;

I also have a 7g/7g+ comparison doc detailing the ECO Start/Stop enhancements in the (+) box, 7G-TRONIC/7G-TRONIC PLUS (722.9) in the Workshop | Tips und Tricks which is too large to post but here is a snippet from P6 detailing the enhancements.

P6 7G+.JPG

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
What makes me smile?

Well!

- Every journey should be an occasion
- Never tiring of washing and polishing it
- Always find the most remote parking spot even if you have to walk twice as far as anyone else
- Always looking back and admiring it once parked

If you tick all the above you have the right Mercedes!

Last edited:

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Too right , when ive dropped off my car to my local garage for any work or MOT i generally get a auto Ford Focus and im so glad when i get my beast back , driving a normal bread n butter car is a world away from what i enjoy now

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
when ive dropped off my car to my local garage for any work or MOT i generally get a auto Ford Focus and im so glad when i get my beast back , driving a normal bread n butter car is a world away from what i enjoy now
I suppose thats one of the differences between paying local independant and extortionate main dealer prices, because on the 2 occasions I have required a courtesy car I was given C300's in estate and cabriolet both only months old.
Did I need that standard of car - No
Were they nice - Yes. :)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom