What time is it, Eccles?

Razoo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi Saloon
Sorry - showing my age with the title :)

My Merc is a 2004 E320 CDi with full command that does most everything except make cappuccino.

When the clocks went forward 1 hour last weekend, I had to manually go into settings and reset the Command clock, which then reset the analogue clock in the dash.

I thought nothing of this, until a work colleague with a 2003 E220 CDi announced that his clock reset itself to summertime automatically, and he doesn't have Command.

What's going on? Am I missing an 'automatic time reset' function buried somewhere within the bowels of the Command unit?

Thanks,

Razoo

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
On the comand 2 up to end of 03 they had a summertime setting, this is not on the comand APS that followed

OP
Razoo

Razoo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On the comand 2 up to end of 03 they had a summertime setting, this is not on the comand APS that followed

Thanks TV.

Burning the midnight (engine) oil then? ;)

Time for me to hit the sack, I think.

G'nite.

Razoo

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Its odd. I'd always assumed that command takes its time from the RDS transmissions and passed it onto the dash. Audio 20 equipped cars don't have this capability. Yet, Command equipped cars don't reset themselves whereas our more basic Audio 20 equipped ones, do. Assuming thats the case and the dash cluster is doing it based on date, then why wouldn't this happen to command cars, unless I'm right on the RDS bit, in which case, why isn't this driving it?. Does command have any influence on the dash clock?

...or was it something to do with the Mid 04 changes. For examople I don't think My Dads 2003 model does. That has a cassette Audio 20 so an early one and the cluster differs by the fact that it doesn't have a headlight on warning light.

So is it actually nothing to do with command and is really related to the cluster version you have?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Its odd. I'd always assumed that command takes its time from the RDS transmissions and passed it onto the dash. Audio 20 equipped cars don't have this capability. Yet, Command equipped cars don't reset themselves whereas our more basic Audio 20 equipped ones, do. Assuming thats the case and the dash cluster is doing it based on date, then why wouldn't this happen to command cars, unless I'm right on the RDS bit, in which case, why isn't this driving it?. Does command have any influence on the dash clock?

...or was it something to do with the Mid 04 changes. For examople I don't think My Dads 2003 model does. That has a cassette Audio 20 so an early one and the cluster differs by the fact that it doesn't have a headlight on warning light.

So is it actually nothing to do with command and is really related to the cluster version you have?

Its not quite like that. Comand with a 4x3 screen version 2 and 2.5. is made by Bosch, this version does not receive GPS time and you set the clock manually. Comand 2 and 2.5 has a menu set time, date and country, plus a Summertime box that can be ticked. MY Comand 2 will automatically adjust when driving through time zones, from one country to another.

Wide screen version are made by Becker and they do not have the Summer time auto set.

The clocks cannot be GPS driven as many cars are sold without Comand, but they all have a clock, maybe the time comes from Rugby or Germany from the world clock transmitters.

Owing to the mods on mine where the power is cut right off when the car is not driven, it takes about 1 mile drive and the clock sets itself

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Had to reset mine myself, my command is only 4 months old!!!

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016, LWB W222 AMG Line S-Class S350d - W415 Citan Van too :)
My 2003 S Class with the widescreen DX based nav set the time automatically!

OP
Razoo

Razoo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry - showing my age with the title :)

But it shows you have a great sense of humour:D:D;)

In case the clock in my Merc packs up, my nice MB dealer writted the time down for me on a piece of paper what I keep in the glovebox.

It's writted on this bit of paper, what is eight o'clock, is writted :D

Bluebottle (AKA Razoo)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In case the clock in my Merc packs up, my nice MB dealer writted the time down for me on a piece of paper what I keep in the glovebox.

Bluebottle (AKA Razoo)

Thats perfect if you look at it twice a day at the right time, thats a handy tip

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211

Bluebottle (AKA Razoo)

...here, Minnie, hold my elephant gun.

Henry Crun:D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom