What to look out for in CLK 270 CDi 52 plate?

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK W209 270 cdi
Hi all,

I have been looking out for a used CLK 270 CDi Elegance model for some time now. I wanted to go for a 2004 plate as this seems to be post-rust issues. However I have spotted one which fits the bill which is a 52 plate and its a fair bit cheaper too. A few more miles than I was looking for at 66k, but not too bad.

Anyway, a few questions: is 52 plate in the rust era? And is this a real problem I should be worried about? Also are there any other things I should watch out for in this car?

Any advice appreciated...

Reuben

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do examine the paint around the inside of the rear wheel arches, and look carefully all over the boot including the edges

OP
R

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Seemed ok when I checked it - certainly no rust anywhere.

Another question for you Merc gurus: the sat nav didnt accept postcodes; can you update the sat nav so its a newer version which has the latest maps and takes postcodes? How much might that cost?

Cheers,

Reuben

OP
R

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So does that upgrade the actual sat nav firmware, or just the maps? Thats what I couldnt work out - was the disc in the cd loader just the maps or the software as well?

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
the CD will update the Nav software as well as contain the new maps

OP
R

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Handy.

It funny, the only thing thats stopping me buying it at the moment is that the buttons around the command/audio part and climate control part are of the older style - i.e. more plasticcy as opposed to the post 2003 (or was it post 2004) models, which had a bit of a facelift. So it comes down to can I put up with the older style buttons for a saving of about £3k - £4k?

The decision is driving me mad!

Shame its not possible to drop in a new unit between the passenger and driver with the new style command and climate control!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom