Wheel Bearings

Phillig

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a mercedes 1991 Autotrail Apache Motorhome which is built on a mercedes 208d 2.3 bed. Having trouble finding replacement wheel bearings for it, it currently sits in a workshop/garage who have informed me today that the wheel bearings that they had sourced from different suppliers do not fit. The excuse being given is it's an older vehicle?
Has anyone else had this problem?
Or can someone tell me where a set can be sourced from as this is preventing me from getting the MOT for the vehicle. Forgot to mention that these are for the front axle.

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you get the numbers off the old bearing you should be able to get them from a bearing supplier.

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
Agree with above or quote bearing number on ebay. Only buy well known branded bearings.

clarkmichigan55b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 208D T1 van 1989
Hello,

As Lostkiwi and Rifiki have given excellent pointers for replacements. I have replaced my front bearings in the past and have no problems in finding a supplier.
From memory i think it is the same as the W124 series passenger car but please check.
Dont forget to change the oil seal as well.
If you get stuck go to your local Mercedes commercial vehicle dealer with your chassis number they should be able to help, but you will pay Mercedes prices.

Top Bottom