wheel cleaner suggestions

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
At poundland, pound shop etc? or at premium MB resellers? :rolleyes::cool::D

Poundland or similar if you don't mind rubbing shoulders with rude people and that includes the staff :rolleyes:

reverend

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 E220 SE
I've used Auto Finesse Iron Out the past couple of years with good success for the stubborn bits - I tried the Bilt Hamber stuff for the first time yesterday for a full clean and have to admit I'm impressed how well it works with no agitation

OP
A

Austy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 SL320 2003 CLK270CDI 2004 E320CDI 2006 CLS320CDI
tbh I was out enjoying the good weather last week/weekend in the R129 so haven't had a chance to clean the wheels yet but I ordered the Bilt Hamber based on post recommendations. thanks very much folks

inazar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL 1991 3.0 r129
Bilt Hamber is great. Autoglym Magma is excellent, more so how little you need to do the job and often very little agitation.

My usual routine is Gunk TFR to remove the dirt. Dry with a rag and then Magma/Bilt Hamber, let it sit for recommended time and blast off. Dry with a rag.

Then ProKleen snowfoam the entire car, and use autoglym clean wheels on top of the wheels, agitate with soft brush and blast the wheels first.

Long and probably unnecessary, but no matter how bad my wheels get or how long I go without washing, the result is perfection.

Mike Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 C200 Estate AMG line plus
I use an alloy wheel sealer after cleaning mine.

It makes it much easier to keep them clean as virtually all the dust and dirt just washes off.

MEMERC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 250AMG
Poundland or similar if you don't mind rubbing shoulders with rude people and that includes the staff :rolleyes:

Steady on. There are those who have little choice to work in retail such as Poundland & may never be able to afford a car let alone a Mercedes. There but for fortune go you ( and I ).
On a daily & hourly basis staff have to tolerate rude arrogant customers, the sort that look down their noses at those who have to serve or even choose to serve. Sadly an all too typical British snobbish trait.

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
I'd also recommend using a wheel sealant once the wheels are clean.
On my 4x4, which is of course very heavy and generates a lot of brake dust, I dont even get 'hands on' every wash, just a good blast with the pressure washer. I washed the wheels by hand on Friday, first time in 5 weeks and they came up spotless.
I use Race Glaze Nano Wheel Sealant.https://morethanpolish.com/product/signature-nano-wheel-sealant-250ml/

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
wash once a week ,you get away with regular car wash shampoo. inside of wheel once a yr and use hard paintbrush and car parts cleaner fluid then car shampoo. different but works for me.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom