Wheel ET

W

Wingnuts

I appreciate there is alot of wheel info on the site but could someone tell me if I have got the right end of the stick please?

If I had two sets of alloys 1) 17" Offset 54mm 2) 16" 45mm Offset
and I replaced the 17" with the 16" would the wheel now be 10mm further from the car wheel arch?
Also if so are longer bolts required than the original ones?

Thanks for looking.

Uncle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS Shooting Brake 350 Blutec - W163 ML270 Inspiration Family & Lux pack - BMW Z3 1999 2.0
Essentially your new wheels will protrude an extra 9mm out.
But you really need to supply more information like tyre size and wheel rim width. Longer bolts will not be required unless you are considering spacers,
the offset relates to the position of the fixing point within the wheel the lower the et number the further out the wheel will sit from the hub.
So a wider rim at the same et will fill the wheel arch better but also reduce the clearance on the inside.

Check out this link you can compare the diffrent options.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

OP
W

Wingnuts

Thanks for replying and the link which i will study later.
Only talking about standard sizes, no spacers.
17" 7JX17 Tyre 215/45/R17 offset 54
16" 7JJX16 Tyre 195/50/R16 offset 45

Uncle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS Shooting Brake 350 Blutec - W163 ML270 Inspiration Family & Lux pack - BMW Z3 1999 2.0
Dont fit the 16s" with those tyres as the total diameter will be 24mm shorter than the existing this will throw up errors on your speedometer, The 16" wheels will be fine but you would need a 215 x 50 x 16 tyre on those rims which would be an acceptable 4mm shorter. As said before these will stick out an extra 9mm. I assume these are compatible MB wheels.

OP
W

Wingnuts

Thanks for all that Uncle. Yes MB compatable wheels.

Uncle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can someone please check my offset
ET-The-Extra-Terre_1498982c.jpg

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom