Wheeler Dealers moving back to UK minus Ant Anstead

pikeg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold My Mercedes
Personally I'm enjoying Car SOS on National Geographic via Disney+, they restore some stunning classics on there.. Fuzz Townshend is a cool mechanic, Tim Shaw can be a little annoying/childish sometimes but I suppose he's got to play for the camera. Worth a watch though ;)

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
Ant was a good mechanic and fabricator. I watched the series where he built his own car from scratch, copying an Alfa 158?
His wife was in that a lot, and … you could probably gather it wasn’t going to work out
Looking forward to the UK series and what it brings.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Yes jan , that woke me up as to just how good Ant is at doing this type of thing , not sure why he became a policeman when he has so much talent

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Irritating or not Brewer brings it all together, without him the programme dies.

Look at Top Gear and how it relied on the three amigos.

Loads of faults but chemistry and Clarkson who attracts people with his acerbic wit were the stars.
This is why the clever people at Amazon gave them so much money to join them.

You don't have to like them just watch the numbers.

Morning ITV numbers fell off a cliff when Piers I love my own voice Morgan went.

MrTash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi W204 2011.
Just read this morning that Wheeler Dealers will be moving back to the UK next year. Unfortunately, Ant will not be coming back and will remain in the US so new co-presenter Elvis (Marc Preistley) will take over the mechanical side. He already did the 'Dream Car' series which wasn't great but Marc himself was quite good.

After Edd I didn't know if I would watch it but Ant really grew on me and I will miss him from the show. Apparently he will be doing other shows in the US so hopefully something car related.

The thing is since Edd left it's not gone that well for Mike and Ant and was a very short-lived co-presenter partnership which might be in part why it's now returning back to the UK. I must say I did love Wheeler Dealers with old Edd China but after the falling out between the two of them, I wasn't so interested in the show with Ant in America so it will be interesting how this new lineup will play out. I must admit I was never that interested in the American car side which was the reason why I went off the show I just started watching all the old episodes over again from when Edd was in the show. But it was a very short-lived partnership between Mike & Ant and makes me wonder if they too had a bit of a falling out with each other besides just the reasons Ant's given for remaining in the States for all the reasons stated?

OP
bob 6600

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
I had reservations about Ant but I must admit I warmed to him quickly. He was different to Edd but had his own style and his explanations were very good, as were his fabrication skills. I don't think Ant and Mike fell out, Ant's reasons are public and he has good enough reason to remain in the U.S. What I'm not sure of is why did WD decide to come back here? Initially Velocity took it to the states and a slightly different direction. I haven't checked but perhaps they have broken ties?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Old thread I know… :rolleyes:

Does anyone else do a DVLA check on the Wheeler Dealer cars to see if they’re still on the road?

Just watching Edd redo a Sierra Cossie - worth anything from £30k+ now - they sold it for £6,200 (13 years ago:oops: 2010 episode…)

MOT expired in Dec 2019 on the Cossie and is sat at SORN

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Someone waitin on right price commin and don't want to wear it out.

jc62b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Coupe 2014
I checked all of them, sad I know.
Old thread I know… :rolleyes:

Does anyone else do a DVLA check on the Wheeler Dealer cars to see if they’re still on the road?

Just watching Edd redo a Sierra Cossie - worth anything from £30k+ now - they sold it for £6,200 (13 years ago:oops: 2010 episode…)

MOT expired in Dec 2019 on the Cossie and is sat at SORN

Top Bottom