Wheels and Plates

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
I've had my 2005 W220 S350 which was an MB approved used car for a month and have covered 2,500 miles, I've just noticed the paint peeling from one of the alloy wheels.

When I say "peeling" I mean coming off in 3 inch strips under the jetwash as though the wheel had been painted without the benefit of a primer coat.
On close examination the wheels look to be in remarkably good condition for three and a half years and 44,000 miles of use so I am assuming they have been refurbished recently.

Does anyone know if the MB class 1 approved warranty covers this or am I going to have to deal with it at my expense.

2nd Point,

I've just had a new registration number assigned to the car and the plates have been made up, but I can't see how the plastic frames that hold the original plates are fixed to the boot lid and the front bumper, can anyone help please.

OP
teabag

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
Thanks for this X, I was intending to approach the dealer but I was not sure how far the warranty cover would go.
As for Malcolm's post, this looks exactly like the plate holders fitted to my car so thanks again.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
2nd Point,

I've just had a new registration number assigned to the car and the plates have been made up, but I can't see how the plastic frames that hold the original plates are fixed to the boot lid and the front bumper, can anyone help please.
They clip together top down and bottom up around the outside of the plate. Once you unclip the surround you can remove the plate and unscrew the frame however I would just put the new plate in and close the surround back around the new plate. This way you won't get any issues with holes in the plates from screws.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom