Where is best to sell my 124 series?

comleys

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a 1995 E220 Coupe (my second one) and I love it but need to sell as I have no space. Where would you recommend posting it for sale? I'm keen to get it in front of genuine MB enthusiasts like you but the link on this forum seems to go to a different company.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Sam

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,, put it in the spares section, many do and get a good result

The Crooner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 R320 cdi
Everyone on here is friendly, so I would chance it and list it in the spares section at the bottom of the forum.

Title it 124 Coupe for sale.

People are going to want pictures, details of service history, current condition, information about any remedial work completed, and you need to tell the enthusiast market you are after why they should buy yours and not the run of the mill ones on Ebay.

The buyer of your car will probably know exactly what they wont, and it wont have mass market appeal.

If you need to move it on Ebay, Autotrader and Piston Heads as well.

Dont assume everybody will see it if its only advertised in one place.

Tony

Setanta

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W140
Oh, and this is from experience looking for an SL at the moment, don't be an arrogant/dismissive clown when someone calls about your car (not that you would be!).

Having people ask questions is quite reasonable, especially if they are MB fans, and the more upfront and honest, the better the establishment of the relationship over the first email/phone call and then a better chance of a sale.

Don't make a buyer feel like you are doing them a favour answering the phone or in selling the car to them! We just shrug our shoulders and go "fine, be like that" and buy elsewhere.

Sorry - rant over!

To the sites listed I would add carandclassic, classiccarsforsale and gumtree (but only use email contact and obscure the number plates by careful photographing of the car) - the genuine buyers will surface through the "wotz de best cash price mate" - which you delete!

Good luck

OP
C

comleys

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice - will get it posted in spares as you recommend

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom