Where is the diagnostics port on my 1999/W202/C180?

Tontastic

Reaction score
Website
www.tontastic.com
Your Mercedes
ML 270 CDI 2001 ; C180 1999
I've tried everywhere that i can think of, but the diagnostics connector is playing hard to get. Can anyone advise where this thing is hiding? I have been in both footwells, under the bonnet and in the boot. I just bought one of the eu702 doo das off of ebay and would quite like to get to the bottom of a couple of niggles.

Thanks in advance.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its under the big round cap on the ECU box, its the 38 pin type

OP
T

Tontastic

Reaction score
Website
www.tontastic.com
Your Mercedes
I knew you wouldn't let me down Malcolm. Which end of the car is that? ;-)

OP
T

Tontastic

Reaction score
Website
www.tontastic.com
Your Mercedes
Under the bonnet, you cannot miss the round raised cap;):D

I could miss it because it was hiding in a box labelled air conditioning unit! Found it eventually. Unfortunately it does not appear to work with my eu702. It runs through a whole sequence of 1 to 8 but then craps out back to the menu. I will need to get back to the seller.

It does work on a 2009 C180 Compressor and told me that there were no faults but that is a courtesy/hire car while my ML is getting some rust done under warranty. So i know the unit partially works, not just need to work out if it is just the cable that is faulty or the unit itself.

OP
T

Tontastic

Reaction score
Website
www.tontastic.com
Your Mercedes
Now that i have finally got my 2001/ML/270CDI back from the bodyshop (7 months after first approaching them for warranty rust) i managed to hook up my new eu702 and read some codes. There were a few in there that i took a note of and cleared and will now check back in a week or two to see if anything pops up again. Bit disappointing that no dates or times exist in the system but i guess that since i now own the diagnostic kit i can check back any time and see what is occurring.

I am talking to the vendor to try and get the older 38 pin cable changed to see if i can talk to the 1999/C180.

If anyone is particularly interested in the unit let me know and i can provide details and/or knock together a quick video to show what it can do. Might not be very useful if there are no codes there i realise but hey ho. It does give some interesting stats on the live data.

Karlitto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
YESSS

THANKS GUYS.......DID A REAL SIMPLE FIX...DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY WAITED...RECONNECTED.....BINGO...SPANNER SYMBOL GONEEEEEEEE

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom