Where to sell

simonLyons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1988 SL 420 R107
After two years of searching my wife has now given me the ultimatum that my new toy has to go. If it wasnt for the kids it would be her (and she knows it). Ive just bought a 1987 420 Sl all mechanically great new brakes air con etc etc just spent 1300£ on a full respray and she hits me with the great news. Can I have advice on where to sell please. I would appreciate some good places to advertise where I wont get loads of gimps knocking on the door.I HAVE WANTED ONE FOREVER found what I think is the right one which has done a thousand miles in the last month (I got excited) and we have a barney the size of K2. ANy advice on the most discerning places to advertise would be most gratefully appreciated. I cant bear the thought of autotrader as you just get fools ringing.

Sorry to rant but I am absolutely gutted :mad:

Many thanks

:Oops:
SImon

or currently angry from Cheshire

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Ive heard Gumtree.com is a good selling site.. known a few people who have sold cars on there.. remember if someone offers to get you a buyer they are scammers..
Sorry to hear you are in the doghouse..lifes a bitch....

OP
S

simonLyons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1988 SL 420 R107
I am learning that when it comes to this forum you are de man, if you are in Yorkshire myros even though I am from the enemy(Lancashire) could I run over and ask your opinion on mine. If its as good as I think I am going to tell the fuhrer that I have sold it and put her in dry storage and use at work!!!

Or throw wife out and keep kids>????? Ummmmm???

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Simon

I only live in Yorkshire. I'm from the county palatine myself as well, and I bought mine in Altrincham.
You're welcome to pop over if you like, with these long evenings it's ideal. I don't know what my opinions worth ( I've only had one SL remember), but we can always do that bloke thing and compare and contrast. and you can listen to my tappet and see if it's louder than yours!

OP
S

simonLyons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1988 SL 420 R107
Pm

I will PM you with my email address and home address (so you know) I'm not a murderer and maybe I could pop over next week or the week after. WOuld greatly value your opinion as I am totally in love with the damn thing.!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So sorry to hear your news Simon

Beaucoupnice

Reaction score
After two years of searching my wife has now given me the ultimatum that my new toy has to go. If it wasnt for the kids it would be her (and she knows it). Ive just bought a 1987 420 Sl all mechanically great new brakes air con etc etc just spent 1300£ on a full respray and she hits me with the great news. Can I have advice on where to sell please. I would appreciate some good places to advertise where I wont get loads of gimps knocking on the door.I HAVE WANTED ONE FOREVER found what I think is the right one which has done a thousand miles in the last month (I got excited) and we have a barney the size of K2. ANy advice on the most discerning places to advertise would be most gratefully appreciated. I cant bear the thought of autotrader as you just get fools ringing.

Sorry to rant but I am absolutely gutted :mad:

Many thanks

:Oops:
SImon

or currently angry from Cheshire

I think you needs a new wife
;)

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
Very sorry to hear your news.

Cars come and go, there will be another time and place where you will find what you are looking for.

:cry:

OP
S

simonLyons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1988 SL 420 R107
New wife

The current one is fine she just says the merc is impracticle for a 2 year old and an 18 week old. I mean its got four seats!!!

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
she has a point about the 18 week old

far too young to be driving a convertible. let the two year old drive, and you and the missus sit in the back.

OP
S

simonLyons

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1988 SL 420 R107
She would never get her legs under the steering wheel!!!

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I would issue your own ultimatum ............... "if the car goes, so do I !!!!!!"

Then again, maybe not .....women just dont get so attached to us, as we do to them !!

P

PanzerMcGrory

your just not treating her right, give her a regular beating and i predict a long and happy future. ;)

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
Simon

What about an alternative Mercedes such as the 1993 - 1995 E320 coupe.

Full sun roof AND you can drop all four windows for that pillorless look and feel.

AND it is a full 4 seater AND a still a bit individual.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
The answer you have been nwaiting for...

....you have had some topping reply's like child seats on roof racks, new wife, beatings etc

Every one seems to have missed a trick here and that is put her up for sale, a good start would be Ebay, then if that fails try the 'Riyadh Times' if no luck after that take her on holiday to Tunisia and trade her in for a rug or a bag of dates or something or other but to sell THAT car is just simply not cricket old boy;):rolleyes::lol::lol:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Every one seems to have missed a trick here and that is put her up for sale, a good start would be Ebay, then if that fails try the 'Riyadh Times' if no luck after that take her on holiday to Tunisia and trade her in for a rug or a bag of dates or something or other but to sell THAT car is just simply not cricket old boy;):rolleyes::lol::lol:

You were never really were that comfortable in sales and marketing Roger? :rolleyes:

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
You can definately try Piston Heads as its free so no harm. Also try posting some pictures on here and try your luck

Sorry to hear that you have to sell your loved one (car that is)

I am sure you can find someone who can look after it

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom