Which ECU is the alarm connected too?W124

morepower

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 1995 W124 which has the remote cental locking with alarm and the green & red LED's on the drivers door and boot. I just wanted to know is the alarm connected to the ECU of the car that runs the engines ignition system or is it the other ECU that sits next to it?
I need to know as I will be changing the ignition ECU and i don't really want to to loose my remoteC/locking/alarm.
cheers
Morepower;)

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
why are you changing the ecu (it controlls both fuel and ignition)? the alarm is almost certainly a dealer fitted scorpin system, does it have silver stickers in the windows saying 'fitted with a mercedes approved alarm system'? the remote central locking is factory fitted. neither should be affected by changing the hfm ecu.

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
The locking system on W124s with green/red LEDs is called RCL. The alarm control box is not in the engine bay

On most cars the locking is not keyed to the ECU and you can swop keys & control box between cars. On very late cars (late 1996, I believe) the system may be keyed to the ECU

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

OP
M

morepower

Reaction score
Cheers guys, Thats the answer I needed.I just thought the alarm was tied in with the Ignition ECU as some people have said this in a few post but they were not really sure them selves about it:smile:.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
where you based ?

wondered if anyone could read the diagnostic trouble codes for you and pinpoint the problem quickly before sending the ECU off.

ECU's are matched to options spec of car, so be careful.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom