Which ML 320?

F

fred52

I am considering switching from my CD 220i Sports Estate - W204 to a nearly new ML 320. The two options I seem to have are an Edition 10 (September 2008) with all sorts of goodies - including Adaptive Suspension aka AirMATIC air suspension - or a Facelift Sports (post Novemember 2008) with newer COMAND etc but no Adaptive Suspension. Is anybody able to advise on whether the lack of Suspension settings (Sports, Comfort, Normal etc) will make any noticeable difference.

Any views would be helpful - many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

fred52

Nul points............

Nul points on this forum I'm afraid. The 'other place' was very helpful

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Nul points on this forum I'm afraid. The 'other place' was very helpful

Sorry about that,,we get more faults posted on here, and the odd post may get missed as they can on the other one

psmart

Reaction score
Tuned out... went to see Harries Pottie tonight :)

Air Suspension, depends on your speed and economy and soft bumbs (aka women) requirements. In Sports mode, you can get higher mpg because the car crouches lower to the ground, but its jerkier, noticeably. In comfort mode, the ride is more cushioning but wallowy, so not good for darting round 90' hair pins. In Auto mode I havent really sussed it yet! Also, when you start putting speed on, the suspension crouches you closer to the ground, so better handling and better mpg as well.

COMAND, would be nice to have USB connectivity and a small hard disk, but the unit I have is great, 6 CD/DVD with MP3 and song titles display on the screen.

My choice would be the air suspension, you can always upgrade COMAND at a later date, If you go for SPORTS and its too harsh, you have to live with it.

Im running on 19" AMG 285's, so its a harsh setup anyway so the comfort setting is always a nice thing to have.

OP
F

fred52

Thanks for the helpful comments.............

Thanks for the helpful comments.............

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom