Which tyres for my C250 TD W202........

haroonz7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 TD Auto, BMW M3 CSL, Honda Integra Type R DC-2
Guys

one of the rear tyres is at legel limit on the inside, ive had all the alignment done including rear camber and is all good now.

But have to replace the tyre, so as they are nearly worn ive decided i should replace both rear tyres. At the moment I have continetal contacts on, cant say they are the best road holding so was wanting to go for a good grip tyre.

Does anyone have suggestions???

Am looking for grip and low road noise. I know the harder compound tyres last longer but rather have the road holding as I do drive a lot on country roads with a lot of twists and turns.

Thanks in advance for any help......

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i had firestones on the rear of mine (apparrently they are the cheap version of michelin the tyre place told us) and they seemed ok. pirellis always seem to get good road holding reports too. on various cars ive had ive had good experiences with kumho, goodyear and dunlop. also dads 203 seemed to respond well to michelins! every driver is slightly different though. what works for me, may not suit your driving style.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I have up to recently always used Pirrellis, never had a problems at all, though am now running BF Goodriches on the front and have no problems with them, this is on my C230K which is running on 15" rims.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Hi,
I have up to recently always used Pirrellis, never had a problems at all, though am now running BF Goodriches on the front and have no problems with them, this is on my C230K which is running on 15" rims.

funnily enoughn now you mention that name, im sure mine ha BF Goodrich on the front with the firestones on the rear. they seemed fine too!

OP
H

haroonz7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 TD Auto, BMW M3 CSL, Honda Integra Type R DC-2
ive got perelli 600 on front at the moment - they good for economy but cant say they provide good cornering although am not a boy racer i like to have a good feel on the motorway.

Ive been hearing good things about "Vredestein Sportrac 3" anyone tried these.

With the current set (perelli P600 on front & conti contacts on the rear) ive got vibration, and its not balancing or any other issues as ive had the car checked by Merc and a local garage. Merc suggested its the rear tyres as one is gone on the inside and the other is low too.

Last edited:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda

With the current set (perelli P600 on front & conti contacts on the rear) ive got vibration, and its not balancing or any other issues as ive had the car checked by Merc and a local garage. Merc suggested its the rear tyres as one is gone on the inside and the other is low too.

Vredesteins are very good - I had them on my E240. It was an elegance so a sloppy barge by nature and so I can't comment on the spirited handling but they lasted well and the wet grip was good. People seem to rate them for handling though.

To be fair, all mid and upper range tyres are good IMHO. I often think that the differences are more in the mind of the driver than the design of the tyre. I suspect you'll be happy with whatever it's shod with.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)

I have these on my SL500 - I believe they were pretty newly fitted when I bought the car 4.5. years ago.

Adhesion is excellent, noise and durability are good. I will probably change the rears in the next couple of months, but they have done 18,000, so I think that is OK for the type of car and use.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom