Which tyres

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
Hi

I have an ml270 cdi that is fitted with Continental 4x4 Contact tyres (255/60R17 106H m+s). I will need to replace the rear tyres in the next 3 months and just wanted to know: Should I replace them with like for like or does anyone have another prefered type?

Thanks

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
If you have had good results and low noise from the contis then go again ..personally Im a big Michelin fan..

clive-cls

Banned
Reaction score
Bridgestone !

Nothing personal but im a fan of the stone

Clive

3146bj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 B180CDI, 2008 Golf Pacific, 2013 VW Tiguan 103TDI
If you have had good results and low noise from the contis then go again ..personally Im a big Michelin fan..

Personally, I'd go for Michelins. Got them on my Disco and they're good off road and on. Good grip and not too noisy with a reasonably open tread. Not good for mud though, but we haven't had enough rain to see mud for the last 10 years, so no problem - yet!

I am biased though, I've used Michy's since the old XAS came out in '67 and haven't had a dud to date

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
If you are on a budget, you could consider Kumho. I recently put a set on the wife's ML. £90 per corner fully fitted. No complaints so far.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
I find Mich a bit overpriced ? we use Goodyears --check out the tyre tests on net
(etyres are goodwhen you do buy)the German tyre tests are a pretty good guide --cheaper you go -more road noise and les performance-but some of these branded with other names are made by the major manufactures and can be very good nowadays as they all have to pass strict tests ? As said before it depends on your budjet.
I think most MPs use Michelins????

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
I have Falken tyres (Budget) on the ML and have no complaints whatsoever. I had them fitted over a year ago and have since covered about 8k miles. To date, they show very little wear.

Just a bit of advice - please do NOT consider low-profile (I did - BIG mistake!) :( They look good, but will have a 50 profile next time.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom