Who should display the AMG emblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
A solution perhaps to this debate would be two types of AMG badge?

“AMG” badge denotes AMG extras fitted
“AMG Powered” badge denotes AMG Engine fitted

Personally not a problem as my car was debadged on purchase at my request.

John

...and 'AMG Lite'

for those who have gone to ebay and bought a £5 badge

gh3382

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164 ML350
My CLK 350 sport had a horrible plastic AMG badge glued on the bonnet when I bought it covering up the nice and well respected blue and chrome Mercedes badge.

I have taken it off but the car does have the AMG styling kit and AMG wheels (which were not original according to the Data Card).

The engine also had a AMG sticker (non signature just a AMG sticker) on it which was very well stuck on which has also been removed. When I bought the car the dealer (non Merc) tried to tell me it was a rare AMG model which I pointed out it was not and he insisted that it had been tuned by AMG. I bought the car for what I knew it was and an more than happy with it.

He would not have it they were stick ons added by some sad person.

I am happy dont need to have AMG all over especially if it dont belong on the car.

gh3382

SSR S500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2002/V8
^ I bet the dealer didn't fall for the AMG rubbish when he bought the car. Must have thought he could try and make a few extra £'s in the hope a buyer would believe him. Good job putting him right

sbryantgb

Reaction score
Website
ironrobot.co.uk
Your Mercedes
1989 230CE, 1995 E320C
I am now guilty of having false AMG badging:Oops:, but in my defence I would like to add that when I ordered the pedals I thought the AMG logo was painted on. So I could just remove them, unfortunatly they are stamped in. I was able to reverse the foot rest though:)

refpd.jpg

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
I am now guilty of having false AMG badging:Oops:, but in my defence I would like to add that when I ordered the pedals I thought the AMG logo was painted on. So I could just remove them, unfortunatly they are stamped in. I was able to reverse the foot rest though:)

Your chrome pedals are fine, even if they have AMG logo on them. The issue is having an AMG rear boot emblem on non AMG cars. Some AMG car owners have argued NO ENGINE NO BADGE. I guess that makes sense to me. :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would always feel a cheat with AMG badges on, they were on my SL when I bought it but I took them off the first week

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would always feel a cheat with AMG badges on, they were on my SL when I bought it but I took them off the first week

Was it the dealer or private owner that put the badge there? So this is really true. It could be the dealers sticking the AMG badge on non AMG cars :confused:

Richard Elliot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 E270CDi
Was it the dealer or private owner that put the badge there? So this is really true. It could be the dealers sticking the AMG badge on non AMG cars :confused:

ffs get a life. You actually went to the dealer to buy an AMG badge and found they were sold out! That is so pathetic it is funny, in fact so funny that it is pathetic again. Maybe you should have asked the dealer for a list of buyers of the infamous badges, so you could go and stalk them with your instamatic.

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
147 replies about the right to stick a bit of plastic on the car... I think we are all too badge conscious nowadays.

All the Merc badges have been stolen off mine and the only merc badge left is on the steering wheel...i genuinely got asked by a friend of a friend i met the other day why i don't buy some more and put them back (to be stolen again) because "how do people know it's a merc? I would say it's a Volvo from the boxy looks and without the badge you couldn't tell it's a merc"...as if i would be more worthwhile talking to for having an old merc than a volvo??

To be fair most of my friends (mainly female) in Barcelona wouldn't know what it was even with the badges on, but they do know it's the big green thing that takes us all and our gear camping, skiing, hiking and touring in comfort and without breaking down...which when you think about it is a far more important description than whether it's got a volvo or merc or amg badge on it. Whatever happened to substance over image/badge, in the UK it seems to have been forgotten?

eihtur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180k 3door
Forget the AMG badge, the OP now uses the capital I...result.:lol:

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Forget the AMG badge, the OP now uses the capital I...result.:lol:

Oh dear, that didn't last long did it?

Was the urge too overwhelming for you?

Last edited:
OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh dear, that didn't last long did it?

Was the urge too overwhelming for you?

Don't worry John. I thought it was a waste of time arguing with eihtur when I realised that she is a woman. I am too polished for her. If she really wants to argue, I believe my wife will be a perfect match for her. Just a waste of time arguing with empty barrels. They are the ones that make the most noise.

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
Oh NOOO....not another blinking fight......(am I aloud to say blinking)

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh NOOO....not another blinking fight......(am I aloud to say blinking)

This woman by this pseudo name eihtur is polluting my thread. She hijacked it in the first place and caused dissension here. For a new member honestly this is not the best way to build a good reputation on this forum. Nobody said anything about her polluting my thread and most of the people that commented took sides with her. I just did not want to argue with members here because it is not necessary, believe me. I have got urgent matters to attend to.

She is just using my thread to build up her posts. That is the conclusion I came to.

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
This woman by this pseudo name eihtur is polluting my thread. She hijacked it in the first place and caused dissension here. For a new member honestly this is not the best way to build a good reputation on this forum. Nobody said anything about her polluting my thread and most of the people that commented took sides with her. I just did not want to argue with members here because it is not necessary, believe me. I have got urgent matters to attend to.

She is just using my thread to build up her posts. That is the conclusion I came to.

best to just draw a line under it and move on....:roll: I was interested in reading the thread as I actually didn't understand the significance of AMG badge......

eihtur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180k 3door
Don't worry John. I thought it was a waste of time arguing with eihtur when I realised that she is a woman. I am too polished for her. If she really wants to argue, I believe my wife will be a perfect match for her. Just a waste of time arguing with empty barrels. They are the ones that make the most noise.

I don't want an argument either. Why not man up and admit you were wrong in the first place. This is evidenced by your change in the use of the language.

I am also, frankly, amazed at your attitude towards women.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Someone on here used to have an SL500 with an AMG body kit and badge on it. That person then went on to criticize others for having the real thing on their car. What a hypocrite! :rolleyes:

What total rubbish you still talk what ever you are, my car came to me in with an AMG badge on it. That was removed within weeks and this picture shows that. This picture is also on the forum a few years back so that can be checked out.
Just how much damage do you intend to do with this forum before you finally exit

DSC00443.jpg

pipmk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Sport cabriolet
It would seem someone here has not learned from his recent punishment to refrain from personal attacks, in that he is regretably not alone. It is often best to keep a dignified silence and it is also very unseemly to boast about ones accomplishments,both business and maritial, if indeed having several failed marriages behind you is something to boast about.
I yield to nobody in my admiration at his technical knowledge and/or his data base but it will increasingly hard to find an internet home unless the old dog learns some new tricks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It would seem someone here has not learned from his recent punishment to refrain from personal attacks, in that he is regretably not alone. It is often best to keep a dignified silence and it is also very unseemly to boast about ones accomplishments,both business and maritial, if indeed having several failed marriages behind you is something to boast about.
I yield to nobody in my admiration at his technical knowledge and/or his data base but it will increasingly hard to find an internet home unless the old dog learns some new tricks.

First if you know more you would not pass those remarks and I also suggest that you read other post before passing comment, Bitch has posted on here many time with incorrect comments about me because she did something in my view was not nice. I do not boast about anything much and that reply was only aimed at one wind up merchant who post nothing of any help to anyone. I add some funny bits to make some laugh re marriages so do not remark unless you know more about me.
So before you post your comments why not stand back and think what you are doing.
I am not interested in a new home that you speak of, when corruption starts at the top I just start a new venture the same way a dog can lick its private parts. So do have a nice day and thank you for the very informative post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom