Why are Japanese so reliable?

pooja84

New Registration
Reaction score
According to me, all japanese products are very reliable. Toyota is one of my favorite and most reliable car.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
According to me, all Japanese products are very reliable. Toyota is one of my favorite and most reliable car.

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I have had 2 Toyotas (Carina 2 Executive and Camry V6) and neither had a single fault - not even a rattle.

There is a lot of energy goes into their design, but the manufacturing process is typical Japanese, with inefficiencies and waste eliminated at every stage in the process.

Having been through their factory in the UK as a business guest, their production system is interesting. All recruits to work on the production line, regardless of age, qualification and experience are first taught how to do things the Toyota way - from using a screwdriver up-wards!

There is a lot of inspection on the line and any fault identified is either fixed immediately, or the car proceeds to a quarantine area. The person who introduced the fault is then expected to remedy it at the end of the shift, in their own time.

What they don't seem to have are frequent stoppages and union meetings.

rovingHawk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230K, Mondeo Estate, Blackbird
Most British and European manufacturers constantly look for cost savings, however minute. Quality and potential reliability is allowed to drift a percent or two here and there in this pursuit.
In Mercedes' case '97-04 (ish) I'd say that this was the case by a lot more than a percent or two.

RH

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom