Why can’t I reset my service indicator

Therat1989

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d 2016
2016 c220d se executive
Last week, service A showed in the display. This weekend, I carried out a full service & reset the service indicator using the steering wheel controls. Once I reset, it then came straight up with service B overdue by 44000mi +365days. How is this possible??? It won’t let me reset the service B?? I can get through the service reset menus. However, when I get to the end and have confirmed the oil type and try to confirm the full service has been completed, I get the response, "Full Service Could Not be Carried Out" in the window. Service 1, Service 3, and Service 20 are also present in the window with Full Service at the bottom (which I select). When I try to select one of the other service lines (1,3,or 20), nothing happens. Any ideas why it won't let me confirm the full service? Very confused.
Please help, someone!!

Last edited:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I have no idea why you cannot reset the service indicator but would suggest the message you are getting can be erased using Star diagnostics.
I would look for a Mercedes independant tech locally with Star and ask if its possible. A 30minute Star session shouldn't be expensive.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
When you reset it initially, you have to turn the key off and remove it, once "service confirmed" is displayed. If not you can get corrupt entries. It will need xentry/star to fix.

OP
T

Therat1989

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d 2016
UPDATE-last night I attempted the service reset & I was successful!! I don’t know what happened there, perhaps I had to do a certain mileage before I could reset or something like that ‍♂️ I’m well chuffed now.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
UPDATE-last night I attempted the service reset & I was successful!! I don’t know what happened there, perhaps I had to do a certain mileage before I could reset or something like that ‍♂️ I’m well chuffed now.

You obviously didn't poke your tongue out correctly the first time :D

Tonydee!!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 220D 2017 Premium Plus
good evening.
when trying to confirm the oil service on my MB W213 220D 2017 estate... it now says service not confirmed....
now says service B exceeded by 15000 miles and 356 days exceeded.
Please advise how to reset to resolve this issue.
Thank you,
Tony
London
20 October 2021.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Known fault in power train control unit.

Tonydee!!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 220D 2017 Premium Plus
what btw is a power train control unit...?

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Another name for the transmission ECU.
Unfortunately not, tcu is different. There’s a tips doc on this fault. Could need updating.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Yes ptcu, it's common and a pain in the arse

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom