why does it still run ?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
this is one for the derv nerds among us , my ghibli diesel runs with injectors 1 & 2 unplugged , doesnt run nice but its the same with it all plugged in , i have a misfire but no fault codes at all , ECU is new aswell , something very wrong happening , this has been a roller coaster of a journey thus far and i fell like this is the final hurdle to overcome

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I know nothing about these, but if you’ve eliminated the obvious like injectors, wiring and ecu I’d be suspicious of a head gasket blown between cylinders. Compression test would be my first step

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
this is one for the derv nerds among us , my ghibli diesel runs with injectors 1 & 2 unplugged , doesnt run nice but its the same with it all plugged in , i have a misfire but no fault codes at all , ECU is new aswell , something very wrong happening , this has been a roller coaster of a journey thus far and i fell like this is the final hurdle to overcome
Do you have much white smoke out of exhaust

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i think im goin to have to reinvestigate the mechanical side of the engine , though right back when i started this project i had the car running sweetly on easy start so i never though there was going to be a mechanical issue once everything else had been worked through , oddly it doesnt really smoke that much unless revved

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
i think im goin to have to reinvestigate the mechanical side of the engine , though right back when i started this project i had the car running sweetly on easy start so i never though there was going to be a mechanical issue once everything else had been worked through , oddly it doesnt really smoke that much unless revved
Just out of interest, what’s the ride & handling, and build quality of the Ghibli like? Asking for a friend of course!

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
well this is getting weirder , if i unplug all 6 injectors and turn the car over , i get no fault codes at all ! thats using 2 scan tools both of which ive used on the car already

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
well this is getting weirder , if i unplug all 6 injectors and turn the car over , i get no fault codes at all ! thats using 2 scan tools both of which ive used on the car already
It IS Italian

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
well this is getting weirder , if i unplug all 6 injectors and turn the car over , i get no fault codes at all ! thats using 2 scan tools both of which ive used on the car alreprob ady
Prob just not seeing fault when actually disconnected. As said it is Italian.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
It’s probably thinking what’s the point of giving you an error when you know you just took everything I need to run off :rolleyes: (said in a sarcastic Italian accent)

supernoodle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2005 2.1D
Bosch may supply the ECU and SW but it's the calibration that determines this behaviour. That's VM.

Doug1234

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 w210 e300td
My Jeep with the om642 exactly the same , it’s had another turbo due to stuck vanes where it would not rev above 2k without stuttering and cutting power / hissing and all kinds of odd behaviour .. two codes p0403 egr flow and p0046 turbo actuator .. never a single low or high boost code nothing. Had an injector go bad as well , engine would hardly run .. no misfire codes nothing.
Codes for the 4WD if I abuse it in the snow (quadradrive 2 all singing dancing pull away on ice like it’s a sunny day) but you would not know unless you get code reader out /Icarsoft bcii Jeep specific reader.
Think I have seen engine light a couple of times once when swirl motor delete resistor shorted to block and blew and after driving for a few months during lockdown on reduced power due to turbo it had enough and put it on.
To be fair ****** awful carry on

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My Jeep with the om642 exactly the same , it’s had another turbo due to stuck vanes where it would not rev above 2k without stuttering and cutting power / hissing and all kinds of odd behaviour .. two codes p0403 egr flow and p0046 turbo actuator .. never a single low or high boost code nothing. Had an injector go bad as well , engine would hardly run .. no misfire codes nothing.
Codes for the 4WD if I abuse it in the snow (quadradrive 2 all singing dancing pull away on ice like it’s a sunny day) but you would not know unless you get code reader out /Icarsoft bcii Jeep specific reader.
Think I have seen engine light a couple of times once when swirl motor delete resistor shorted to block and blew and after driving for a few months during lockdown on reduced power due to turbo it had enough and put it on.
To be fair ****** awful carry on
crazy cars , ive had all 6 injectors tested and there is 2 with blocked nozels so sourced 2 2nd hand ones , oddly , you can be exchange refurbed injectors but not the nozels to do them yourself . . . . . that is till you google the part number and find you can import them from the states of course :p

Top Bottom