Why?

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
It all probably started off with something simple like red trim on the registration plate, a rear window spoiler and bright red alloys......:)

It was an errant AMG badge........ o_O

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
The red thing.....

Is that the bastard offspring result of an SL being rear ended by a Delorean?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Loved that song, I build cars too.....Mine would be in the same category :oops: :D

That was from the era when you could actually understand the lyrics :D

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
It all probably started off with something simple like red trim on the registration plate, a rear window spoiler and bright red alloys......:)
Mmmm, it took 18 posts, before my car was mentioned, well done Rory, I consider that a result. :rolleyes::p:)

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Mmmm, it took 18 posts, before my car was mentioned, well done Rory, I consider that a result. :rolleyes::p:)
You were expecting to be tagged in post 1 :p

(which is why I didn’t):D

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
All three of these junkers are utter monstrosities - I don't think there's a better word.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
All three of these junkers are utter monstrosities - I don't think there's a better word.

Unbelievable, you would be embarrassed to even stand near any of them :rolleyes::eek:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
That was from the era when you could actually understand the lyrics :D

Nowadays they listen to computer generated speed music or thump, thump, thump..........Maybe they are the lyrics :confused:

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Nowadays they listen to computer generated speed music or thump, thump, thump..........Maybe they are the lyrics :confused:

My parents said almost exactly this about music in the sixties & seventies. We are now the generation who can't hear the lyrics or take meaning from modern pop. They had Burl Ives and Julie Andrews, we had the Beatles & the Stones. It's a progression or a regression depending on how are old you are.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My parents said almost exactly this about music in the sixties & seventies. We are now the generation who can't hear the lyrics or take meaning from modern pop. They had Burl Ives and Julie Andrews, we had the Beatles & the Stones. It's a progression or a regression depending on how are old you are.

I am a 60's music person and I would like to think that generally we could understand the lyrics but I do understand what you mean :rolleyes::D

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One of the many reasons that the Beatles, Stones etc were successful was because you could hear the lyrics most of the the time. In fact, the music scene went backwards (thankfully) and got rid of the awful post rock n roll stuff that had been churned out - and it went back to rock n roll because the lyrics were much clearer and the music more enjoyable.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200

Same here McDonald, my parents were the same with my music, (Mum used to say 'just wait till you have children and you will then understand') however my Dad was a bit more understanding as he was into music ;) My 2 boys were brought up on 50's and 60's and 70's music from their very early age and know lots of the old songs from that era. Though they will listen mainly to their era, '80's 90's etc :) Unfortunately when they come to visit we usually have oldies playing on the radio :D

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My mum and dad spent a few evenings listening to the Beatles! They loved them.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My mum and dad spent a few evenings listening to the Beatles! They loved them.

My Grandson who is 18 loves the Rolling Stones. I havn't a clue what a band in their 70's look like to him. When we were in our teens and twenties they were not to far removed from our age and looked normal (ish!) :rolleyes:

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I am a 60's music person and I would like to think that generally we could understand the lyrics but I do understand what you mean :rolleyes::D

I need to read the lyrics of the new JB movie because I cannot understand a word that Billie Eilish sings.

IMO most of the early singers upto probably about the late 70s could actually sing. These days (still loads of talent around) there seem to be so many "pretty boys" & "sexy girls" with huge studio mixes hiding the fact that they cannot actually sing.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hmm As per the title: - Why?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom