1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wife tried to write off the ML (lol)

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by gh3382, Apr 14, 2019.

1. gh3382

gh3382 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W164 ML350
    Good morning. I hope all is well with you all. My wife tried single handed to wipe out the entire car park at Morrisons yesterday. In the morning I recieved our insurance renewal whcih seems good at £290 for our Mercedes 4 X 4 and in the afternoon my wife decided she would make a bit more room whilst parking and scraped down the side of a Citreon causing severe panel damage. She went into a crying fit but no one is hurt and there is only scuffs and a small scrape on the bumper of ours which I wont claim for then I dont have to pay the insurance excess. Glad to say a protected No Claims Bonus but I expect a revised renewal. Cant believe how much damage done to the other car which unfortunately I think may be a write off due to the panel damage. I guess 3 tons of German engineering was always going to win. My wife said "I heard the sensors warning me but could not see the hazard so kept going". MMMMMMM .

2. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    It's easily done. Mrs gh has my sympathy as when I did the same a few months ago with my R Class, I didn't feel a thing in my car .... just saw the other car moving :confused: Parking sensors can see that much they're always going off when parking.

3. McDonald

McDonald Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL500 2004
    Everyone makes motoring mistakes. The only thing that really matters is that no one was hurt. Much as we love our cars, they can be put back together.

4. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    Given there's a third party won't you need to pay the excess on that claim?

5. fabes

fabes Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E 350CGI Coupe
    Excess applies to Own Damage claims only

6. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    When I clipped the car the other week, the insurance girl I spoke to asked me if I wanted to claim for the damage to my car too. I couldn't see a reason why I wouldn't, so when I went to collect my car from the repair garage I just paid my excess to them. And that was that.

7. SmartAmg

SmartAmg Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
    Mmmm, that's why I always, if possible, park well away from other cars in car parks.
    :rolleyes::)

8. AJD

AJD Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 W204 Sport ///AMG Line 4dr Auto, Obsidian Black, Light Grey Faux Leather. And no AMG badges !!
    And sods law when you come back to your car somebody has parked a pile of crap so close you can't get into yours. I normally try and find a spot by a car that somebody obviously cares for. Of course law of sod can still apply :rolleyes:

Srdl, SmartAmg and peterws1957 like this.