Wife tried to write off the ML (lol)

gh3382

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164 ML350
Good morning. I hope all is well with you all. My wife tried single handed to wipe out the entire car park at Morrisons yesterday. In the morning I recieved our insurance renewal whcih seems good at £290 for our Mercedes 4 X 4 and in the afternoon my wife decided she would make a bit more room whilst parking and scraped down the side of a Citreon causing severe panel damage. She went into a crying fit but no one is hurt and there is only scuffs and a small scrape on the bumper of ours which I wont claim for then I dont have to pay the insurance excess. Glad to say a protected No Claims Bonus but I expect a revised renewal. Cant believe how much damage done to the other car which unfortunately I think may be a write off due to the panel damage. I guess 3 tons of German engineering was always going to win. My wife said "I heard the sensors warning me but could not see the hazard so kept going". MMMMMMM .

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
It's easily done. Mrs gh has my sympathy as when I did the same a few months ago with my R Class, I didn't feel a thing in my car .... just saw the other car moving :confused: Parking sensors can see that much they're always going off when parking.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Good morning. I hope all is well with you all. My wife tried single handed to wipe out the entire car park at Morrisons yesterday. In the morning I recieved our insurance renewal whcih seems good at £290 for our Mercedes 4 X 4 and in the afternoon my wife decided she would make a bit more room whilst parking and scraped down the side of a Citreon causing severe panel damage. She went into a crying fit but no one is hurt and there is only scuffs and a small scrape on the bumper of ours which I wont claim for then I dont have to pay the insurance excess. Glad to say a protected No Claims Bonus but I expect a revised renewal. Cant believe how much damage done to the other car which unfortunately I think may be a write off due to the panel damage. I guess 3 tons of German engineering was always going to win. My wife said "I heard the sensors warning me but could not see the hazard so kept going". MMMMMMM .

Everyone makes motoring mistakes. The only thing that really matters is that no one was hurt. Much as we love our cars, they can be put back together.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Given there's a third party won't you need to pay the excess on that claim?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
When I clipped the car the other week, the insurance girl I spoke to asked me if I wanted to claim for the damage to my car too. I couldn't see a reason why I wouldn't, so when I went to collect my car from the repair garage I just paid my excess to them. And that was that.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Mmmm, that's why I always, if possible, park well away from other cars in car parks.
:rolleyes::)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Mmmm, that's why I always, if possible, park well away from other cars in car parks.
:rolleyes::)

And sods law when you come back to your car somebody has parked a pile of crap so close you can't get into yours. I normally try and find a spot by a car that somebody obviously cares for. Of course law of sod can still apply :rolleyes:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom