Will A LHD Passengers Seat Fit Into A RHD W124 Cabriolet?

WDB124066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet X 2
I need to replace the drivers seat in my RHD 1996, W124, E320 Cabriolet. Thought I could use a passengers seat from a LHD car if it would fit in term of the electrics. I have heated, electric, memory, mushroom leather.

Questions are,
Will it fit and have all the options work?
I assume it will except for the memory as I am not aware of memory for a passengers seat unless the memory function is in the car and not in the seat, does anybody know for sure.
I would like to have an orthopaedic seat which requires a vacuum operated pump. Does the pump sit under the rear seats as in the sedans or is it in the seat already. If it is in the seat is it just a matter of teeing off the vacuum line for the seat lock.

Very much appreciate informed advice, regards to all, W.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
The one immediate problem that comes to mind is the arm rest, which is fixed to the passenger seat, therefore you will have holes in the right side of the replaced driver's seat and will be obvious as soon as the drivers door is opened.

Can they be covered perhaps.

DougCLK320

Reaction score
But...he's talking about a LHD car's passenger seat which will have its armrest on its left side.

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
afaik W124 seats are completely the same for LHD and RHD cars. ie the foldable armrest is still attached to the LHD seat when it is the drivers seat as it is on a RHD car.

they will fit perfectly, however obviously for the electrics to work properly both the new seat and the old seat have to be identical spec-wise.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
But...he's talking about a LHD car's passenger seat which will have its armrest on its left side.

Ah yes missed the LHD bit. So the holes will be showing on the other side of his new driver's seat then ! worse as the passengers will see the holes more.

OP
WDB124066

WDB124066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
afaik W124 seats are completely the same for LHD and RHD cars. ie the foldable armrest is still attached to the LHD seat when it is the drivers seat as it is on a RHD car.

they will fit perfectly, however obviously for the electrics to work properly both the new seat and the old seat have to be identical spec-wise.

Spot on SilverSaloon,

I do not think the holes will be a problem as I believe the arm rest was only ever fitted to the left seat on all 124's regardless of them being LHD or RHD.

Can anybody help out with the other questions raised - please.

Best regards, W.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The PSE pump can be fitted with a T piece for the back rest

OP
WDB124066

WDB124066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The PSE pump can be fitted with a T piece for the back rest

Thanks Malcolm,

Can you please advise if you know if the pump and associated plumbing for a Cabriolet Ortho seat needs to be purchased separately and installed (& where it is to be installed) if the car was not originally fitted with this option.

For some reason, probably hope more than anything else to be honest, I have it in the back of my mind that the Cabriolet Ortho seat had the pump and plumbing internally and it is just a matter of getting a vacuum line to it to make the Ortho part fully operational.

Can you confirm, regards, W.

Top Bottom