Window Problem

Simon Palmer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a CLK320 2000 X reg (W208).

Everything is fine except for the passeneger side window that goes fully up but then drops back down about an inch and a half every time. Regardless of a 'one press' approach or holding the button down the end result is always the same, the window winds back. If I time it right I can get the window to stay fully up if I 'one press' up and then press the button 'down' sharply as the window hits the right position!

Any idea's, I remember having a Rover 800 many years back that did something similar and the remedy was to wind fully down and hold the switch down for 30 seconds or so, tried this but to no avail obviously!

cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Turn the key to 2 (ign) raise the window from by only holding the button pushed to the first indent, wait till window closes and hold the button for 10 seconds.

The door window motors can loose count of the turns to close the window, but the above should fix it

OP
S

Simon Palmer

Reaction score
Turn the key to 2 (ign) raise the window from by only holding the button pushed to the first indent, wait till window closes and hold the button for 10 seconds.

The door window motors can loose count of the turns to close the window, but the above should fix it

Hi, thanks for the tip. It'll now stay up if I hold the button down all the way up but still drops down with a one push approach. That'll do me though so brilliant thanks for your help.

Simon

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do the same thing with it fully depressed you can always put it back the first way :D

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom