Window went down, won't go up

bennyp

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220CDI
I have a 1999 220CDI. This afternoon I pressed the button to lower the rear window and it went down. It now won't come back up. I've tried holding down the lock button on the key but it still won't come up.

Does anyone have a solution - I'll try to get the door trim off, if there's a way to get the window back up manually as a short term fix. But the trim seems reluctant. Anything considered till I get it to a licensed bandit, sorry, Merc garage.

All the other windows work fine.

Benny

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI avantgarde c43//amg
Try using other switch from the car as a tempory fix to get it up

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Below link is a guide for an earlier car, there will be slight variations in how the door card comes off and the motor will be different but the advice in the picture below will get the motor to raise the glass to the top of the door.

If you can hear the motor running when you press the switch but glass is not moving then the lifting cable…or cable pulley… will have broken in which case you will be able to push the glass up by hand and jam the window shut with a length of wood cut to size, this will secure the car until you source a replacement.
See… http://homepage.eircom.net/~decdec/myweb2/new_page_1.htm

Dec
Pictured is an earlier motor but will work with yours too.
F_1.jpg

F_2.jpg

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom