Window won't close after new battery

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you think Dudley is bandit country, wait till you get to Cradley!!!

I actually thought your place was quite nice Andy (but then I did live near Morecambe Bay for a while - so bad even the sea tries to get as far from it as possible)...

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
I managed to work in the posh bit - Halesowen - for a while.

We had a director who weighed about 25 stone who used to come to work in a white shell suit.....
Yeah.....the gene pool is a bit thin around here:D:D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

We had a director who weighed about 25 stone who used to come to work in a white shell suit.....
Oh god just inhaled my coffee at that thought!

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
I actually thought your place was quite nice Andy (but then I did live near Morecambe Bay for a while - so bad even the sea tries to get as far from it as possible)...
Most people think we live in Halesowen but we don't, if we told them the truth........I don't think they could handle the truth.:eek::eek:.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
Dave stopped by but other than the engine and the transmission nothing else was reporting. All we got was the dreaded No Communication. His dash was telling him there's a fault with the soft top but neither SAM unit (i'm assuming there's front and rear on this one) was reporting. No communication.

I've had exactly the same on mine, we eventually (thanks to LK) found the break in the CAN line at the engine ECU, corrosion in the plug.

From memory, the CAN line starts at the ignition switch, then to the engine ECU with a spur to the transmission, then off daisy chaining to the other modules. All we can 'see' is the engine and the transmission. On this basis our issue should be found at engine ECU connectors.

Anybody got any other idea's before we plough in?

OP
D

Dudley Mark

Reaction score
ARudge very kindly tried his Carsoft diagnosis on the car tonight (thanks Andy, much appreciated) but to no avail; he said it was unable to get inside the sensors to get a reading ( I think). I have noticed that when I turn the ignition key to position 2, there is a whirring that sounds like an electric motor coming from the direction of the window. Does anybody have any more ideas?

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
W209. March 2004. Carsoft covers upto June 2004.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
I've got some electrical drawings but there a bit of a mess. For the year we want the legend doesn't match the drawing. I may be able to reference/cross check with the earlier drawings but it will take some time.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
I have noticed that when I turn the ignition key to position 2, there is a whirring that sounds like an electric motor coming from the direction of the window. Does anybody have any more ideas?
That would suggest that the motor is working but has become mechanically disconnected. You may be able to pull the glass up by hand as a temporary measure, depending how tight the guides are. Sounds like the internal trim needs to come out to access the mechanism.

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance

I'm imagining if the Dukes of Hazzard was made in Liverpool.

OP
D

Dudley Mark

Reaction score
That would suggest that the motor is working but has become mechanically disconnected. You may be able to pull the glass up by hand as a temporary measure, depending how tight the guides are. Sounds like the internal trim needs to come out to access the mechanism.
Tried that, the window is locked fast. The whirring only happens when I turn the ignition on for a few seconds. There is no sound when you operate the switch. And of course there is the problem with the roof...

Top Bottom