Windows

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently changed my altenator on my C180 avantgarde 52 model. After the job was done i noticed that my windows would not work properly, i was told that i had to reset them. i did this and every thing works fine, however when i try to shut/open my windows from fob/key, nothing happens. i point the key to infared on the drivers door hande and press and hold and still nothing. i rang mercedes dealers and asked them if there was a sequence on the key that i had to follow and they said no. any ideas? do i need to disconnect the battery and reconnect again?

my second problem is that (this happens once a day) when i start my car, the revs are not consistent, they are up and down, however after a 30 seconds it becomes consistent, when drive for a short distance and come to a stop e.g. traffic light and then try to pull away it becomes very hesitant and does not move at all for few seconds. it does not matter how much i accelerate, it will not move. you can imagine how annoying this is, especially when people behind you think you are on a go slow and start sounding their horn. it becomes embaressing. any suggestions please?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I cannot answer much on your faults,,but was the key left in the ignition when the alternator was changed

OP
M

Mehrdad

Reaction score
I am not sure. the garage did it and i don't think they would remember if i asked them. does this mean that my key needs to be programmed? thanks

OP
M

Mehrdad

Reaction score
hi malcolm, my spare key also does not do this.
would it make a difference if the key was left in when the altenator was being replaced? if this was the case can i do any thing? thanks

OP
M

Mehrdad

Reaction score
I cannot answer much on your faults,,but was the key left in the ignition when the alternator was changed
would it make a difference if the key was left in when the altenator was being replaced? if this was the case can i do any thing? my spare key also does not work on this particular issue. thanks

OP
M

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Hi, first prob seem a little strange< should work fine< as far as i am aware there is no programing for this< 2nd fault sounds like you have an air leak.
how would i be able to rectify this? thanks

OP
M

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Hi, first prob seem a little strange< should work fine< as far as i am aware there is no programing for this< 2nd fault sounds like you have an air leak.
sorry. i meant the air leak. thanks

OP
M

Mehrdad

Reaction score
hi Malcolm, would it make a difference if the key was left in when the altenator was being replaced? if this was the case can i do any thing? my spare key also does not function on this issue. thanks

OP
M

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Hi, how would i be able to rectify the air leak? thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am not clear as to what is going on here.

Leaving the key in the ignition while jumping or working on the electrics is not a good idea as the EIS component can be damaged .

I take it that the car locks OK from the short range IR on the key, and the long range RF.

Re the hesitant to pull away,,this could be an unusual MAF fault

OP
M

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Hi, sorry i did not make myself clear. i do not leave the key in the ignition. i have tried to pull the windows up from outside, pointing my key to the infared on the door handle and it does not work.
the car locks ok from the short range and the long range.
As for the MAF, i have had this changed.

Thanks

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom