Windscreen wipers - random parking.

riffo

Reaction score
Hi, I am the proud new custodian of a 1994 R129 SL 500 and LOVE it!

There is one niggle I have - the wiper does not readily park in the flat position.

If I flick wipe the screen it will stop in 5 different positions before I can get it to park out of view.

It also stops on intermittent wipe and does not always start up again when the car starts to move after being stopped at say traffic lights - however, if you give them a flick they will cotinue again when in position II or III.

I have read the thread on lubricating the arm but do not think this is the cause of my problem.

Does any one have any advice or know if this is an MOT failiure point (as it is, for me, more of a frustration that I can live with as the wipers do work!)

Thanks a lot,

David.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
more of a frustration that I can live with as the wipers do work!

As Malcolm's note. The probability is that will fix it - its the sort of thing which very simply removes an annoyance and you just wish you had done it sooner. It should also be free of charge!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom