winter tyres

monument7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 2005 3200
Well chaps I decided to bite the bullet and get a set of winter tyres. I bought Falkens from an online seller, think it was e Tyres but would have to check. What a good move it was as well. Had them fitted last weekend and it has completely transformed the car. It may be part due to having full tread depth, but in the wet ( of which we have had a tad lately :) ) there is far less understeer and little or no aquaplaning. I drive the same way home every day and there is a piece of road holds water and before there was a bit of movement now there is none.
Braking is vastly improved also so well happy. Whether it will turn the Merc into a "normal" car in the snow is yet to be seen :).If anyone wants more details I will hunt the bill out but I did a bit of research on the tyres and they stood up well against more expensive tyres and at only £98 each didn't break the bank.

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
It will be interesting to see how many miles they do: keep us posted :D

OP
M

monument7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 2005 3200
It will be interesting to see how many miles they do: keep us posted :D

Update is that these tyres have been invaluable and proved their worth in snow slush and ice. As an example going to work last week in the snow the nearside lane of traffic was crawling along at 40 with the empty outside lane having a light covering of snow and slush and the Merc cruised through it withouth the usual twitching of the arse end ( both the cars and mine :) ), as for the wear there seems to be no excessive wear on either front or rear but will give an exact when I take them off. All in all I am well pleased

orb the Impaler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 SLK 250 CDi AMG | Volvo V70 2.5T AWD | MV Agusta F4 | 1999 YZF-R1
Total convert to them now; wouldn't be without them. Wet weather grip is stupendous too.

Had them on the old W203 and now on the V70 (which was splendid on a very snowy weekend trip to Cologne) as well as on my little C1 runabout - the only thing that got me stuck was when my C1 ended up with snow too deep for it to push through, 68bhp, poor little thing, snow was almost up to the headlights.

My C1 is leased and goes back in October so this summer I'll be sourcing some winters for my R172 in time for November. I've hardly used it this last few months.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Keep an eye on eBay - I picked up a set of genuine MB 16" rims for my S204, in immaculate condition with virtually new winter tyres, for £205!! You have to be patient though.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom