Wiper blade replacement

Les 57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 C class 220 Bluetec AMG Line Premier Plus
I have a 2015 c class and need to change the wiper blades. I can see what looks to be a button on the wiper blade but cannot get it to budge. I don't want to force it in case I snap something I shouldn't. Also looking at buying Bosch replacements but have read they don't always come with the correct adaptors!!
Any help appreciated

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Normally push the button in and the wiper arm should slide off, they can be a bit tight and need a wiggle but they are incredibly tough so I doubt you will do any harm unless you have arms like a gorilla.

Mine is a 2016 E350 but I believe yours will be the same.

Robin

OP
L

Les 57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks v much, don't have the replacements yet so will wait until they arrive just in case

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Halfrauds will do them for you ( If you trust them) I know they stock the Bosch wipers, and from memory they are cheaper than their own brand ?.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Costco do Michelin blades for a fiver each :D

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
The Bosch Aerotwin or Valeo wiper blades are hard to beat.
ECP have them with 35% off or pay a bit more and get Halfords to fit them.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Rather than push the button in, you can swing the blade away from the arm, from the bottom. You will see the button disappear. You can then push up the plastic cap, end retaining bit and the blade will come out.
To replace, insert the blade, push it towards the arm them slide the plastic bit back down to lock it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Digressing slightly ..... I replaced the wipers on my car a few times due to the driver's side wiper juddering at speeds of 50mph +. I tried a few makes, OE and the Bosch from Costco, both of which were fine for a few weeks. I bent the wiper arm in a little to add more pressure to the screen which did help a little for a short time. In the end I replaced the arm entirely - sorted. :)
..... it really didn't want to part company with the taper spindle .... And all for £30-odd

OP
L

Les 57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks to everybody. My mate gets discount with Eurocar parts so will try them. Wish I'd bought the Michelin ones weeks ago when I was in Costco. Its a 60 mile drive so think I dropped a dogs dangly there.

As I'm typing I've just seen the discount code below for Eurocar. DOOOHHHH

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom