Wiper Issue after windscreen change

Viscount

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL / 2003 / 3.7L
My R230 (2003) had the windscreen changed recently by Autoglass due to a bad chip. Since then, the automatic wiping function is not right; it tends to wipe too much. I understand that the windscreen has a sensor of some sort. Is this something that needs calibrated?

As always, any advice much appreciated.

JDPEClassUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate E220d (2019)
My R230 (2003) had the windscreen changed recently by Autoglass due to a bad chip. Since then, the automatic wiping function is not right; it tends to wipe too much. I understand that the windscreen has a sensor of some sort. Is this something that needs calibrated?

As always, any advice much appreciated.

This often happens. Some need calibrating, but in my case it was because they re-used the old gel pad that sits on the screen in front of the sensor. New one bought on eBay, 5 min replacement and all was well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Viscount

Viscount

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL / 2003 / 3.7L
This often happens. Some need calibrating, but in my case it was because they re-used the old gel pad that sits on the screen in front of the sensor. New one bought on eBay, 5 min replacement and all was well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply. I have had technical difficulties access the forum but finally succeeded now. I intend to have it checked at the service which is due next month.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You should report it back to autoglass and get it calibrated. It should work as it did before. I had mine changed by autoglass at my Mercedes dealer so they could cal it at the same time.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom