Wiper Motor replacement needed?

Kiwi Nige

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml 270 cdi
Hi ; My ML270 ( 2005) has windscreen washer problems. They will not move under their own power , but do when I give them a hand ! the fuse is OK. Do I need to replace the motor or is there a mechanical issue? Can I get a second hand motor fitted?

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Could be the motor or it could be the spindles are seizing up.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Hi.
They are known for getting wet inside, hence have dodgy connections,and start to seize up.
Remove wiper arms, you may need a removed tool for this, remove rubber trim along front of scuttle, two plastic nuts either end and then fiddle the scuttle grill out, it takes a bit of fiddling. Then remove lower cover which will reveal wiper linkage. Four ten mm bolts hold it all in, linkage comes out with motor in plug the wiring.
Either refurb what you have or buy another proved working unit.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
The motor/teeth could be dry. Might need repacking.

OP
K

Kiwi Nige

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml 270 cdi
Thanks to you all for replying . I will try this myself . Any suggestions to get a second hand motor?

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
E bay is your friend, there are always some on the site

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom