Wiper not working on 1997 c180

brosmi

Reaction score
In the last few weeks my wiper on my 1997 c180 was slowing down at the top of its arc and yesterday afterday some snow it is not moving at all except a tiny little stutter when I turn it on.

I can hear the motor move but the wiper does not move across the windscreen at all. I have just read posts about lubricating the mechanism but is it too late to do this now. Wiper stuck over to right so could not get it to vertical position.

Any help much appreciated.

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Doesn't sound good to me. Why not try lubricating it and see ? Nothing to lose.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
When the wiper started stuttering is when it should of been lubricrated, if the wiper has now stopped moving , but you can still hear the motor running, I think you will find you will have sheared the drive pinion, or it has sheared al its teeth.
It isn,t available from MB as a separate item and you will have to replace the wiper motor, with either new or a second hand item.

OP
B

brosmi

Reaction score
Is it very difficult to replace the motor ? I am handy enough with things like that.

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI avantgarde c43//amg
Cheaper to get a second hand one in breakers

Five bolts I thing and a electrical connector and off she comes reverse order to fit
Five min job

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
OP
B

brosmi

Reaction score
Greased unit and it worked for a minute and then stopped so I took off motor and thankfully found a loose nut which I tightened and that resolved problem.

I also had to reset park position as it had moved.

Many thanks for everyone's help.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom