Wipers clashed

goldy

Reaction score
Website
www.goldsmithmortgages.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Third lane of motorway overtaking a truck spraying water everywhere and bang! Wipers clashedand stopped.
Managed to get over to hard shoulder and release them but only drivers side (luckily) was working.
Not a great situation with Mrs and baby in the car. Managed to get home.
Breakdown on the way out.
Fingers crossed it's an easy fix.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Wow, glad you are all safe, good luck with the repair.

OP
goldy

goldy

Reaction score
Website
www.goldsmithmortgages.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Technician turned up. 2 minutes later he is done!
Nut holding wiper to spindle had come loose.
He asked had it had a new screen in last 18 months which it has. Suspects windscreen fitter didnt tighten nut properly and it's worked looser and looser until it let go.
Check your nuts people. Plastic cover pops off and there it is. Could've been much worse for the sake of a eigth of a turn.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Nut holding wiper to spindle had come loose. ...

Been there, done that on my way home from work a while ago in my Smart but have only myself to blame. Fortunately I pass the house of a lad I work with so sorted it en-route :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom